This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much is a 2nd service?

phoned up my local vauxhall dealer today to book a service for my car its going to be the 2nd service,they said the brakes will need doing as its a requirement for the 2nd service is this true? got qouted £223 but thats if i dont have the brakes changed,someone on here said that if your car has covered less than 11,000 miles then the brakes can be changed on warranty?

Originally posted by shaunsvxr View Post
    phoned up my local vauxhall dealer today to book a service for my car its going to be the 2nd service,they said the brakes will need doing as its a requirement for the 2nd service is this true? got qouted £223 but thats if i dont have the brakes changed,someone on here said that if your car has covered less than 11,000 miles then the brakes can be changed on warranty?
    £223 is a lot of money for a second service!! All it requires with a Oil and filter change and a look around.. You shouldn't be paying any more than £150! I would recommend shopping around as each dealer charges different due to overheads etc.

Brakes are a wear and tear item so unless you have a service plan or Network Q warrenty that will cover you I would highly doubt that your brakes would be covered under warrenty.

Hope that helps

Comment

£150 jesus sounds as if i may have to ring a couple of dealers tomorrow and see if they charge different prices,filter wont need to be changed as ive fitted an itg filter.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunsvxr View Post
        £150 jesus sounds as if i may have to ring a couple of dealers tomorrow and see if they charge different prices,filter wont need to be changed as ive fitted an itg filter.
        Nah, I ment oil filter mate. I'm pretty sure they dont change the panel filter. At least I don't think mine was. Well I paid £120 odd for my last service from my local dealer but I had quotes of over £200 before hand.

As I have said a few times, make sure you request that you dont what them to fill up the washer fluid as I and a few other people have been invoiced £12 for a tank of washer fluid, Which im sure you will agree is rediculous lol!

Comment

2nd service should be oil and oil filter change pollen filter change and brake fluid change and full check over thorneys charge £189

Comment

yeah isnt it just lol

Comment

2nd service is oil and filter, pollen filter, brake fluid change and key fob batteries.

Comment

I paid £190

In the service book it states that brake fluid and clutch fluid change is a chargeable extra every 2 years(like getting the timing belt changed)

Comment

what about plugs in 2nd service ?
                  MB E63s AMG
                  MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                  Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                  Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

think plugs is every 40,000
                    sigpic
                    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Originally posted by scottg2540 View Post
                      think plugs is every 40,000
                      yep, as here it is each 60K km which is 38k miles...2nd service ...
                      MB E63s AMG
                      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

would regal be able to do a service? As i only live about 20mins away!

Comment

mine is having its second service on Monday £129 for oil change(getting oil at half price) oil filter, battery for key fob, pollen filter. Told them i didnt want air filter as ive got ITG, so they just took it of the price, and they still do all the usual Tech 2 check and general checks and measurements.

Comment

cant understand why ive been qouted so much lol,surely brakes dont need doing at under 11k?

Comment

Brakes shouldnt need doing, but they still take your wheels of and check them and measure the wear on them and your disks, and tyre and all sorts, my first set of pads lasted 27,000 and they still were not completly worn. Just tell them tou will go somewhere else, you can use anywhere as long as they use genuine vx parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X