This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fuel gauge thread

So, I think I've become subject to this issue now.

Twice now I've filled the car up, and the gauge is sitting just over 3/4 - it doesn't seem to increase.

Now, I've come to accept the issue of the gauge not going up when putting a little in when its already low, but this is the first time this problem has shown up with a full tank for me.

Any suggestions? Is the whole gauge likely to be consistently 1/4 tank out now? Or possibly a restriction somewhere in the filler neck or similar preventing me from putting more in? I retried several times and the pump just cut out.
    sigpic
    Mike Hughes

Think the filler neck wont allow anymore in, Mine is doing the same at the moment and is going in to VX on wed, will let ya know the outcome and what new part is fitted.

I do know if you put less then ten litres in then the needle wont register

Comment

Probably a fault with the float - probably find the gauge is accurate once it falls below the 3/4 mark that it's currently stuck at

Astra

Comment

Mine only seemed to do this when I filled up with T99... Does the needle not increase as you drive? Mine used to show just over 3/4 of a tank and then would slowly creep up to a full tank after about 15 miles or so..

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
          Does the needle not increase as you drive? Mine used to show just over 3/4 of a tank and then would slowly creep up to a full tank after about 15 miles or so..
          happend to my already 2 or 3 times, that after fill the car to max, the needle stay on more than 3/4 but after few km, it come to full...
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
            happend to my already 2 or 3 times, that after fill the car to max, the needle stay on more than 3/4 but after few km, it come to full...
            Same as mine... Its only happed a few times and always with T99.. Since I have been using V Power its been fine.

Maybe T99 is more foamy an takes a while for the float to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
              Same as mine... Its only happed a few times and always with T99.. Since I have been using V Power its been fine.

Maybe T99 is more foamy an takes a while for the float to settle.

Hmm - I'd be surprised, Brano doesn't get T99 so it's more to do with the car I would say - why don't you try T99 again?

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                Hmm - I'd be surprised, Brano doesn't get T99 so it's more to do with the car I would say - why don't you try T99 again?
                but didnt he said, it happend just with T99, which i am not able to buy over here (as you said also), so maybe it is fuel, but dont think there will be so big dif in those two fuels, so one can stick gauge once the second not...
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Mine doesnt move back, just stays at just over 3/4 and doesnt move up anymore. My needle has moved nearly to full on 1 occasion but honestly I was clicking the pump for about 15 minutes, Seems the sensor that says is full needs adjusting.

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                    Mine doesnt move back, just stays at just over 3/4 and doesnt move up anymore. My needle has moved nearly to full on 1 occasion but honestly I was clicking the pump for about 15 minutes, Seems the sensor that says is full needs adjusting.
                    Sounds like a different problem to what me and Brano have had.. Does it happen every time you fill up? Mine has only happened a couple of time and since I have been using V Power over T99 it hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                      I might do actually mate, I was thinking this this morning as I want to see if this rough idle from start comes back when using T99 aswell..

I will keep you posted

Comment

yea Loza, Mine does it on every fill, I got close to the full mark this morning but i was clicking away for bout 15 mins, It is booked in on wed so see what they say, I am currently using Tesco T99 as its the closed but i will have a bash at V power !!!!!!

What you reckon V Power or Optimax?????

Comment

yea Loza, Mine does it on every fill, I got close to the full mark this morning but i was clicking away for bout 15 mins, It is booked in on wed so see what they say, I am currently using Tesco T99 as its the closed but i will have a bash at V power !!!!!!

I think its something wrong with the sensor/float rather than being Fuel related.. Mine is just intermitant. Has happened about 3 or 4 times I would say.

Well I have always used Tesco 99 since owning the Corsa and always been happy with it (Plus you get the clubcard points ) However, Since installing EDS software I have been having problems with the car on start up. It starts fine but is very rough and idle is all over the place for about 5 seconds and then its fine. I was happening for about 6 weeks when I started to get really worried as someone mentioned it could be the start of the whole piston 4 situation. So i called Regal to discuss it and Chris asked me what fuel I had been using I said T99 and he said try emptying the car of as much fuel as you can and then fill it with V power and see if it makes any difference. I thought to myself surely this can't make any difference but its worth a bash, So I tried it and has been over 2 weeks since and I have had no problems!

Comment

V-Power replaced optimax

Astra

Comment

Funny you mention Tesco 99.

Whilst I have used T99 once before, without issue, we've recently had T99 made available here, and it is just using local T99 that this issue has happened.
                              sigpic
                              Mike Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X