X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Door Problems !!!!

Hiya all,

I Have just bought the Baby VXR a week ago and decided yesterday to give it a wash for the first time, After giving it a good clean I decided to go out for a while, When I got in the car and went to shut the door the door wouldnt lock shut and you could just keep pushing it open, It was only after a few hard pulls the door stayed shut.

It happens on to different occasions in the space of 30 minutes, I went straight to Halfords, got some WD40 and sprayed locks inside the doors.

Touch wood it has been ok, Anyone had this problem ???????

Not been a good start by the sounds of it mate

I haven't heard of this before though

Comment

it was scary, was just bout to set off having thought the door was closed and then i heard the bong and the door pushed open, done this several times till it finally closed, Been ok since i put WD40 on it

Comment

this happened to me on the passenger side door, ended up geting some rope tying it to the internal door handles to get me home lol. got a new lock under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRbazza View Post
          this happened to me on the passenger side door, ended up geting some rope tying it to the internal door handles to get me home lol. got a new lock under warranty.
          LOL the Ray Mears Approach

Comment

I know that Trist had problems with his Astra door opening randomly while he was driving, ..your first week with your Corsa hasn't been very lucky for you Buddy. Get it to VX and they'll sort it out for you, ..you need to guarantee your doors close properly and that when they do, they stay closed.
            sigpic
            Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

i have the opposite sometimes, i press unlock to open but it doesnt unlock the drivers door, just passenger door and boot!!

Comment

Get down to VX asap buddy, ask them to replace the whole door lock mechanism. You dont want it to open whilst going round a bend like it did with me, could be a nasty accident!

They might look at you funny when you tell them bout the problem, but push them and they will do it for you!
                sigpic
                Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Ok Trist, cheers for that.

Nice St by the way, you get rid of your Astra for it??? Was looking at a st myslf but were a bit too pricey for me at mo, so out went the Zaf VXR and in came the Corsa VXR. LOL

Comment

No probs buddy. When it opened the first time with me, it was nearly hit by oncoming bus, I was scared ********!

Cheers yup got rid because of the door problems, lost faith in the car!

If I wanted to downsize or save money Id probably buy a Corsa VXR too
                    sigpic
                    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

I agree with most of the points above, get it to the dealer, the last thing you want is it swinging open whilst driving, or you being unable to close it when leaving it somewhere.
                      sigpic
                      Mike Hughes

Comment

Working...
                      X