Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Lights behind Heater Controls !!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Lights behind Heater Controls !!!!!!

Hiya all.

I have just noticed that sometimes at night the Light behind the Left Heat temp (Blue to Red) switch doesnt light up properly. When the car starts the left side is pretty much dark and un-lit and it is only when you give the dash a little knock near it that it comes back on,

Also when fully lit when you twist the control from cold to warm (Blue/Red) the same lights flickers on and off, Is is just a loose wire that can be fixed at VX?? Anyone else had these probs ?????

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
    Hiya all.

I have just noticed that sometimes at night the Light behind the Left Heat temp (Blue to Red) switch doesnt light up properly. When the car starts the left side is pretty much dark and un-lit and it is only when you give the dash a little knock near it that it comes back on,

Also when fully lit when you twist the control from cold to warm (Blue/Red) the same lights flickers on and off, Is is just a loose wire that can be fixed at VX?? Anyone else had these probs ?????
    Sounds like a loose connection to me, One of my bulbs went in my Dash but the one on the other side. VX replaced it for me when they were fixing my Radiator.

Two Birds One Stone

Comment

Just been on phone to VX just this minute to sort the warranty work out, They are going to sort the light behind the dash, check the door locks and well as the other 2 little niggy jobs: squeek from passenger door whilst moving and fuel guage needle only showing just over 3/4 of tank when full.

Apparently these are a few common problems and once sorted I can start to fully enjoy the Corsa like i already have do so already !!!!!!

Comment

Just been on phone to VX just this minute to sort the warranty work out, They are going to sort the light behind the dash, check the door locks and well as the other 2 little niggy jobs: squeek from passenger door whilst moving and fuel guage needle only showing just over 3/4 of tank when full.

Apparently these are a few common problems and once sorted I can start to fully enjoy the Corsa like i already have do so already !!!!!!
        Hope they sort it for you soon mate! Keep us posted!

Comment

Hiya all.

I had this.... they replaced the bulb. initially tried to rob me of £100 for the pleasure, I reminded them of the networkQ warranty and they got price down to £30....

Still £30 quid too much but I couldn't arsed arguing any more
          2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
          2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
          Originally posted by Flinty
          as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Believe me i wont be paying no £30 matey, Havent even had the car a week yet, if they try that one they will be getting the thing back. LOL. !!!!!!

Comment

How did you get on with the dash lights? did they replace it under warrenty as i have noticed mine have stopped working around the heater control area.
              Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
              Future mods: springs....

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
                How did you get on with the dash lights? did they replace it under warrenty as i have noticed mine have stopped working around the heater control area.
                Hiya there

yeahbibgotvit sorted, turned out to be faulty bulb and replaced under warranty, the technician even marked the gloss black surround when removing so got a new one also under warranty

Comment

Do they have to remove the radio to do it? as i have an aftermarket headunit and worried they will kick up a fuss because it could be a bit of a ball ache to remove
                  Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!

Comment

Do they have to remove the radio to do it? as i have an aftermarket headunit and worried they will kick up a fuss because it could be a bit of a ball ache to remove
                    I'm not sure tbh but looking at the dash I would think they would need to remove it or pull it out a bit but not sure, besides the problem is the heater lights not the stereo so they should still do it

Comment

Yeah mine stoped working too, i took it to my dealers and they did it under warrenty, but last night i tried to turn my air conditioning on and and the little light that says its on didnt work so i'm booking it back in tomorrow.

sigpic
                      - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Yeah mine stoped working too, i took it to my dealers and they did it under warrenty, but last night i tried to turn my air conditioning on and and the little light that says its on didnt work so i'm booking it back in tomorrow.

thats exactly the ones that have busted on mine by the looks of it, must be a common problem to add to the list....

Comment

thats exactly the ones that have busted on mine by the looks of it, must be a common problem to add to the list....
                          That is the same side bulbs that that went on mine too, done with no worries

Comment

Working...
                          X