This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof mounted DVD players

Has anyone got a roof mounted DVD player in their Corsa? I used to use a player that sat on the back of the headrest but it broke earlier this year and wouldnt fit on the VXR anyway as it had normal headrest holders, want something to occupy the kids as we do frequent-ish trips from North Yorkshire to Kent and Dorset to see family/friends and have seen some decent roof mounted DVD players for reasonable money but have no idea if they would fit, and how hard they would be to install/wire

Wishing I had gone for the window tints now - didnt as I have them on my Golf and tey make reversing hard and I work a lot at night but have changed my mind too late lol

Originally posted by southbynorth View Post
    Has anyone got a roof mounted DVD player in their Corsa? I used to use a player that sat on the back of the headrest but it broke earlier this year and wouldnt fit on the VXR anyway as it had normal headrest holders, want something to occupy the kids as we do frequent-ish trips from North Yorkshire to Kent and Dorset to see family/friends and have seen some decent roof mounted DVD players for reasonable money but have no idea if they would fit, and how hard they would be to install/wire

Wishing I had gone for the window tints now - didnt as I have them on my Golf and tey make reversing hard and I work a lot at night but have changed my mind too late lol
    im wishing id got afl instead of bluetooth...lol. If you have a look at the vxmmi unit theres an additional package that you can get that includes dvd screens for the back.... Mite be worth a look?
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Yeah, had a look at that, but they show the screens built into the headrest, not much use with the recaro's!

Adam from TTints has offered me the unit @600 with nav and free microphone for the bluetooth which is a pretty good deal, buying an alarm first tho lol!

Comment

Would have thought a roof mounted DVD player would steal too much head room to be an option.

On the subject of the tints obviously you can get your windows tinted but Vauxhall are also doing tailored window blinds. They clip in and cover the entire glass area. You can get them for the rear windows and the tailgate glass. They look fine when fitted plus you can take them out when you don't want them. Beats having Pooh on your windows.

Comment

ha ha, been there and done that with the whole pooh blinds Thats a good idea, a lot cheaper then tints and removable too

Good point about the headroom - was going to check that once the VXR arrives but hoped it would be ok - never mind, I shall lay that idea to rest, might be able to get a screen to sit on the middle console for the kids on the long journeys, as long as I can knock something up to hold it in place without leaving screw marks etc I will be happy

Cheers for the input guys

Comment

might be able to get a screen to sit on the middle console for the kids on the long journeys,
            As you will soon find out, could have trouble as there isn't a middle console

Best bet would be portable DVD players
            sigpic

Comment

Isnt there something behind the handbrake? A cup holder or something? Could have sworn there was on the test drive?

Comment

Isnt there something behind the handbrake? A cup holder or something? Could have sworn there was on the test drive?
                Ah, now that might be my problem... I've go the bluetooth kit so got the stoopid phone cradle instead... Talking of which, anyone know where i can get one from!?!
                sigpic

Comment

They're surprisingly compact when folded up. I've got one in my Veccy which of course is a bit bigger but not really that much (if any) taller. I've got a vauxhall one which is basic as hell but is easy to fit and as I've said very compact... here is a link to the how to I did..

Kid chuffing love it man and it's the best money I ever spent mmmm quiet trips out in the car...
                  Kentec inside

Comment

Wow, it looks good, well impressed that you fitted it yourself

Comment

Trust me it's only two wires and a hole in the headlining any monkey can do it...
                      Kentec inside

Comment

Where's my banana

Oddly enough I am happy to do thw wiring, its the cutting the trm that scares me!

Comment

Yeah best measure it then check it....check it again...**** off for a coffee and come back and check at least three times more before you cut it...
                          Kentec inside

Comment

Working...
                          X