This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa's Gone

Well after 2 years of ownership and over 63,000 miles, the Corsa was returned today and I picked up my new car.

The Corsa has been a fantastic car, it's had most of the usual minor problems but nothing big. It has never left me stranded and I've loved every minute of driving it. It also went to Germany and completed two laps of the Ring and still never missed a beat! I cannot recommend one enough, for the money it is superb in so many areas but it is time to move on.

Few pics of my Corsa:

So after a short trip to Slough I picked up my new beauty:

I know some people won't like it but it is absolutely amazing, I've only ever owned Vauxhall's so didn't really know what to expect, but it has blown me away. Obviously I haven't pushed the engine much yet but the interior is superb and the entertainment system is spot on (You get Aux in, Media in, 6-CD changer and I specced DAB and Dynaudio uprated speakers and amp). Loving it. No DSG, I felt full leather would have been of more benefit.

I'll still hang around if people don't mind, the Scirocco forums, as good as they are, are no way as busy or entertaining than here

Roc on
    Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

Now a VW Scirocco

Nice car... I test drove one when looking at the Corsa but i found it a bit boring and too controlled through corners, i wanted something a little lively... So the Corsa won. Lol

Got to love the 18's on it though, very nice car
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
      Nice car... I test drove one when looking at the Corsa but i found it a bit boring and too controlled through corners, i wanted something a little lively... So the Corsa won. Lol

Got to love the 18's on it though, very nice car
      Cheer pal, yeah they are cool. I'm sure the Corsa is more fun in the twisties but I cover around 30,000 miles a year so need the comfort - the adaptive chassis control is a dream

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

I really like the Sciroccos they are lovely looking cars i think. Nice car mate! It staying standard?

Comment

Lovely new car! I really like the Scirocco! x
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by Hastie View Post
            I really like the Sciroccos they are lovely looking cars i think. Nice car mate! It staying standard?
            Thanks mate, yer unfortunately it is staying standard for now, it's a company car

But....it NEEDS lowering, so really want some springs. And I want to paint various bits black (badges, rear diffuser etc.) I'll see how I get on

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
              Lovely new car! I really like the Scirocco! x
              Thanks Paulie, they are nice cars. I'd love to see what you could do with one with your penchant for carbon and BBS

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by samwell View Post
                Thanks mate, yer unfortunately it is staying standard for now, it's a company car

But....it NEEDS lowering, so really want some springs. And I want to paint various bits black (badges, rear diffuser etc.) I'll see how I get on
                AMD Essex do alllllot
                Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                sigpic
                Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Looks stunning mate! Your very lucky.. I would love one but they are a little pricey for me

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                    AMD Essex do alllllot
                    Yeah I know, I think it will have ALOT available in a few years when they are a bit more popular, still pretty impressive already. Tom stop tempting me...

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                      Looks stunning mate! Your very lucky.. I would love one but they are a little pricey for me
                      Cheers loza, your car will still be faster though!!

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

looks nice, whites definatly the colour to have didnt fancy the Astra?

Comment

Originally posted by samwell View Post
                          Cheers loza, your car will still be faster though!!
                          Yeh maybe so but I would love one.. My friend has just got a white 1.4TSI with the black vienna leather, Touchscreen DVD Navigation 30 GB hard drive and Dynaudio soundpack with DAB and the 18's and its stunning

I love it..

Comment

Originally posted by 2 HEL View Post
                            looks nice, whites definatly the colour to have didnt fancy the Astra?
                            All about the white

I did actually mate, although the Astra was "too much to quote". Another Corsa VXR would have costed me the same as this, so IMO it was a no-brainer. This was when GM were having their troubles so I think my company took that into account

Still, atleast this is my first non-Vauxhall

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                              Yeh maybe so but I would love one.. My friend has just got a white 1.4TSI with the black vienna leather, Touchscreen DVD Navigation 30 GB hard drive and Dynaudio soundpack with DAB and the 18's and its stunning

I love it..
                              They are brilliant, the leather is lush and is a must on this type of car IMO. It was that or the Sat Nav for me and factory Sat Nav's have never appealed. The Dynaudio and DAB are amazing. Nearly puts my home stereo to shame

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Working...
                              X