Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New AFL headlights have arrived-Please help with fitting !!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New AFL headlights have arrived-Please help with fitting !!!!

Hiya all.

My new AFL headlights have arrived today and must say look Awesome.

What I need now is help on how to Fit, How to activate AFL, and who has already done it.

Please help

You need to remove the front bumper to change the headlights.
    Have you got the AFL control unit aswel?
    Ive not done it but im looking into it if its not too expensive, how much were your part out of interest?
    sigpic

CORSA VXR
    -
    Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
    Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

Originally posted by merve84 View Post
      You need to remove the front bumper to change the headlights.
      Have you got the AFL control unit aswel?
      Ive not done it but im looking into it if its not too expensive, how much were your part out of interest?
      Hiya merv.

Just to let ya know as far as i know i have bought the Headlights. i was told the AFL is in the units, there are projector lenses in the units that move, as in a previous thread ppl have said just to fit to car connect the bulbs up and activat via tech 2, they have said i will need an additional fuse in fuse box and a wire connecting to some sort of Relay+.

Not sure if the AFL control unit is seperate, thought it was intergrated in the lights.

anyone please share some light on the fitting and activating

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
        Hiya merv.

Just to let ya know as far as i know i have bought the Headlights. i was told the AFL is in the units, there are projector lenses in the units that move, as in a previous thread ppl have said just to fit to car connect the bulbs up and activat via tech 2, they have said i will need an additional fuse in fuse box and a wire connecting to some sort of Relay+.

Not sure if the AFL control unit is seperate, thought it was intergrated in the lights.

anyone please share some light on the fitting and activating
        If your car is non AFL you can't get the AFL working because the loom is different and you won't have the sensors on the rear suspension or the steering column sensor. The lights should work though, just by plugging in. It's just the AFL that won't work. VXL do a non-AFL Bi-Xenon that just plugs in and goes. I've got them fitted. Great improvement over the halogens!!

Comment

You should check out one of my previous threds, it defo says the AFL can work just plug in, wire up, additional fuse in fuse box and some wire to the + relay.

I dont have a clue now some say it can and some say it cant be done, starting to worry me now.

I just bought some replacement Hella headlights, I am not sure if they have the AFL function but i know the projector lens moves if you take the back off and move it with your fingers which makes me assume they are AFLs.

Please post a pic of your lights, Did you use HIDs? If so were they Canbus kit? and what colour and watt were they and where from??

sorry bout all the Qs but really want them !!!!!

Comment

Also rob are you talking bout the corsa lights as i know Hella do some Bi-Xenons for astra but not sure bout corsa !!!!!

If they are for corsa then details please !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
              You should check out one of my previous threds, it defo says the AFL can work just plug in, wire up, additional fuse in fuse box and some wire to the + relay.

I dont have a clue now some say it can and some say it cant be done, starting to worry me now.

I just bought some replacement Hella headlights, I am not sure if they have the AFL function but i know the projector lens moves if you take the back off and move it with your fingers which makes me assume they are AFLs.

Please post a pic of your lights, Did you use HIDs? If so were they Canbus kit? and what colour and watt were they and where from??

sorry bout all the Qs but really want them !!!!!
              The AFL bit won't work unless you have the rear suspension levelling sensors and the steering column rotation sensor. You CAN make them work but you need to own Fort Knox. My stealer worked it out that I would have to find over 2.5K to convert my non-AFL lights to full AFL. He got up to £2K and stopped, then there is the labour unless, you do it yourself.
              Last edited by robertshephard; 22 November 2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

AFL is a factory fitted optional extra at time of order.

Not saying it cannot be done, however it will be expencive, as others have stated you need the steering column sensors etc... more than a fuse, relay and Tech activated.

Comment

Just to let you know I have just had my AFLs fitted with the HID Kit so all is done.

The AFL function couldnt be done due to not having the sensers but got them fitted and wired up giving a Full Xenon look. The AFL Function may of been able to be done but would of cost a few extra grand for a new wiring loom so bugger that. LOL

Just got them fitted, wired up and beam aligned. Great looks now !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by robertshephard View Post
                    The AFL bit won't work unless you have the rear suspension levelling sensors and the steering column rotation sensor. You CAN make them work but you need to own Fort Knox. My stealer worked it out that I would have to find over 2.5K to convert my non-AFL lights to full AFL. He got up to £2K and stopped, then there is the labour unless, you do it yourself.
                    Here is a thread showing the lights wired up and working:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70568

Comment

Working...
                    X