Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake and clutch warning light

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • brake and clutch warning light

    jsut been for a drive touched the brakes and some horrible grinding noise was herd.....any way 200 yds further on the brake and clutch warning light came on now it is lit permanently but no noises from brakes anymore?checked the fluid level and its where it should be although the cap was loose!!!

    phoned vauxhall dealer as the car is only a month old so taking it in today for them to look at........has anyone else had this happen i wonder?????

    cheers baz
    Last edited by baz870; 13 November 2009, 09:23 AM.

  • #2
    I have the grinding noise!

    But the light could be from a faulty sensor...

    Best to let GM check it out...

    Comment


    • #3
      yes they said maybe faulty handbrake sensor we will see later this afternoon when they have alook im sure its something simple, but it all happended after this grinding noise from the brakes i dont know what it is with the cars we get but i always have brake problems!!!the last car was corsa d sxi it had bother something along the lines of the pads that vaux fitted were to hard for the disk's or something like that and it made horrible noises and before that had a fiat punto sport thing it needed new disks pads and a caliper after only a few thousand miles...........ps its not my driving just bad luck i suppose
      cheers baz

      Comment


      • #4
        nah, it's because Asbestos is internationally banned...

        And without Asbestos, the brakes are now of lower quality, and will wear out quicker, and also make funny noises!

        This is a big problem internationally...

        Comment


        • #5
          there is modified pads available now to stop the noise, whats your milage at, are the pad linings ok?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dougallvxtech View Post
            there is modified pads available now to stop the noise, whats your milage at, are the pad linings ok?
            not sure if that was for me but my vxr has done about 880 miles of top of my head......have you got a link for them pads?

            Comment


            • #7
              Green stuff pads are good...

              I'm thinking of upgrading soon...

              Comment


              • #8
                Well worth it.


                Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  What disk are those???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    original vx pads vs greenstuff....what would be an average mileage difference between them.....or which will last longer?
                    baz.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wild cars View Post
                      Green stuff pads are good...

                      I'm thinking of upgrading soon...
                      Hi,

                      Look here

                      http://www.ebcbrakesltd.co.uk/


                      Just changed mine for EBC Red Stuff, but I was told that the corsa needed the red stuff and not the green stuff.

                      I will be getting new disc soon aswell,

                      I do think you can feel the difference between standard and Red Stuff, they do bit in quicker.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wild cars View Post
                        What disk are those???
                        EBC been on the car about 2 weeks and much better over the standard set up.

                        Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                          EBC been on the car about 2 weeks and much better over the standard set up.
                          How you getting on with the green stuff's mate? Did you put any braided lines on it atall?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            update on the warning light!

                            what a prat i got the wrong light the bloody tyre pressure was the lit one!!!! never before have i felt such a d..k one of the tyres had lost little bit of pressure not noticable to the eye, vauxhall have sorted it out.i will now be checking regular.

                            the plastic wheel arch liner that has started to come away on the rear they are putting me a new one on next week under warranty.

                            so very happy with the service from the vaux dealer here..

                            cheers baz

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by baz870 View Post
                              update on the warning light!

                              what a prat i got the wrong light the bloody tyre pressure was the lit one!!!! never before have i felt such a d..k one of the tyres had lost little bit of pressure not noticable to the eye, vauxhall have sorted it out.i will now be checking regular.

                              the plastic wheel arch liner that has started to come away on the rear they are putting me a new one on next week under warranty.

                              so very happy with the service from the vaux dealer here..

                              cheers baz
                              LOL Opps! Ah well at least its nothing serious.. In future if you see the light again if none of the tyres seem to have deflated you just need to hold down the DDS button on the dash for about 10 seconds and it will reset the system for you.

                              Glad you have had some good service from your dealer though!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X