Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointed with Advice I got this Forum regarding Fitting AFL !!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed with Advice I got this Forum regarding Fitting AFL !!!!!!

Hiya Guys and Gals.

After getting advice on here regarding fitting AFL headlights and activating the AFL, I must say I was disappointed with the WRONG Advice i got.

Before buying I asked "Can the AFL Lights be be fitted and activated to Non AFL Corsas?" I was told they can as the wiring was the same and all that was needed was an Additional wire to some Relay+, A Fuse putting in Fusebox and to be Activated via Tech 2.

This Sadly was Wrong As I spoke to the Head of the Tech 2 Team, This is what he said:

The lights can be fitted and wired up to work as they both use the same bulbs but did say The AFL Function would NEVER work due to the following:

AFL cars have steering wheel sensors so when the wheel is turned on the move it makes the lens move 15 degrees angles, also the Axles have sensors so when the car has passengers in rear or car goes over 65mph then the auto dipping works, They also say the Wiring loom is different to the standard lights.

As you can see, the AFL CANNOT be activated to the car.

Only option is to fit the Lighs, fit a HID Kit and have non moving Xenons. !!!!!!

Should have done more resaerch then,, Aint no ones fault on here.. You only have yourself to blame
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=69774

On this one you did most of the replies and there is one guy who hasnt got a clue and say he doesnt know and the other guys says it cant be done?

You should have asked the head of tech 2 first.

Comment

Alot of guys telling you not to do it on this one aswell?

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=69603

Comment

This one starts with you saying you have bought them and then you go on to say you bought them off your mate who had them fitted so surely your mate should have told you?

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68686

Comment

seems to be more people saying not to do it or cant be done common sense should have provailed there....

cheers baz

Comment

Take a chill pill Brett, I know it wasnt everyones fault but as for my research i posted loads of threads on here asking bout activating AFLs, all times i got advise saying it can and advise saying i couldnt. Wasnt aimed at you. LOL.

Its still not the end of the world W4GON, I am still getting them fitted just wont have the AFL working, just need to find out where to get the HIDs from and to know if i need canbus kit or will a normal kit with Warning Cancellers do the Job. I had never heard of warning cancellors till my local said get that instead of Canbus kits, works out cheaper.

What you reckon ?????

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                Take a chill pill Brett, I know it wasnt everyones fault but as for my research i posted loads of threads on here asking bout activating AFLs, all times i got advise saying it can and advise saying i couldnt. Wasnt aimed at you. LOL.

Its still not the end of the world W4GON, I am still getting them fitted just wont have the AFL working, just need to find out where to get the HIDs from and to know if i need canbus kit or will a normal kit with Warning Cancellers do the Job. I had never heard of warning cancellors till my local said get that instead of Canbus kits, works out cheaper.

What you reckon ?????
                Its the title of the thread pal?

Id assume its the canbus kit speak to paulie/ravin beef they know the ones to go for...

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                  This one starts with you saying you have bought them and then you go on to say you bought them off your mate who had them fitted so surely your mate should have told you?

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68686
                  Sorry W4GON but i said i bought of a mate who WAS planning to fit as he thought it could be done too, only got them as he got rid of car now !!!

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                    Sorry W4GON but i said i bought of a mate who WAS planning to fit as he thought it could be done too, only got them as he got rid of car now !!!
                    Yeah its pretty much common knowledge that the afl bit wont work on any of the models but your right on the ones who said it can be done - thats no good when it cant be done as you say.

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                      Its the title of the thread pal?

Id assume its the canbus kit speak to paulie/ravin beef they know the ones to go for...
                      Agree maybe a better title should have been used...
                      sigpic

Comment

Can I make a suggestion? Instead of starting multiple threads basically asking the same question start just one thread and keep all the replies there, far less confusing to you and the other forum members then.

Also check the person making the statement, who are they/ do they hep a lot and have a rep for being correct and helpful?

If not ask them where they got their information from, is it a guess? or gossip or fact, if fact where from?

Its a forum, people try to be helpful but most are just normal blokes like you and me with no special car skills, th forum should be used for additional advice only and VX consulted for any definitive answers....I clearly remember one of your threads you state VX dealers had told you it cannot be done....you ignored them then blame the forum....not exactly cool mate....

All that said and done best of luck sorting it out and installing xenons!

Comment

Originally posted by southbynorth View Post
                          Can I make a suggestion? Instead of starting multiple threads basically asking the same question start just one thread and keep all the replies there, far less confusing to you and the other forum members then.

Also check the person making the statement, who are they/ do they hep a lot and have a rep for being correct and helpful?

If not ask them where they got their information from, is it a guess? or gossip or fact, if fact where from?

Its a forum, people try to be helpful but most are just normal blokes like you and me with no special car skills, th forum should be used for additional advice only and VX consulted for any definitive answers....I clearly remember one of your threads you state VX dealers had told you it cannot be done....you ignored them then blame the forum....not exactly cool mate....

All that said and done best of luck sorting it out and installing xenons!
                          Theres alot of people on here know it all but when you challenge it they dont know what there talking about and it ends up something they heard from a mate...

When you tell them there talking garb you get nailed for being a arsey. I hate seeing people being fed misleading advice and tend not to comment if i dont know but ask if i want to know.

Comment

Who exactly is the "head of the tech 2 team"??

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by vx220z22se View Post
                              Who exactly is the "head of the tech 2 team"??
                              I'm assuming it's either someone from VX Technical or it's the best guy at the dealership with a Tech2?

Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X