This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler problem

hi, i have an astra with z16let engine. 2day i fitted a front mount intercooler. The car after 5000rpm loses its power. It is running out of boost. The intercooler has a 57mm piping going to 60-63mm piping. The car has a stage 3 remap. What could be the problem. Please help

hey what map have you got and did the problem only start once mapped and the intercooler fitted???

Comment

hi, map was made in germany by ecu-tuning. The car was fine with courtenay panel filter, turboback complete exhaust system(jetex) and inlet camshaft stage 2

Comment

hairline split somewhere, only leaking up at a certain pressure?
        sigpic
        Mike Hughes

Comment

i measured the pressure 2day. It was 0.9 bar. Before it went up to 1.3 bar(steady pressure). I cannot hear if there is a leak. Maybe the intercooler is to big for the Oem turbo? Is 69x18x6.5cm from tx autosport.
          Last edited by UltraGTC; 14 November 2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Size could be a problem, but wouldn't expect the things your saying to happen, I think it's more of a leak or a crack like mentioned above. Or is there torque perameters built into your map for safety?

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

i would have to ask my tuner about that. Too bad for my car nobody has a direct fit intercooler kit so i have to improvise.

Comment

hi,
                just talk to my tuner the program is fine. Torque safety parameters are removed. Also with 0.95bar there is no Torque. Also tha car does NOT get into the limp mode(safety mode) which is very weird. The intercooler is considered a medium size intercooler so a KO3 turbo should be ok...

Comment

Why not get your car to your tuner? Go over the problem and see if they can sort it.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                  www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

the tuner told me that either the turbo is small or i am losing boost from somewhere. Besides that the clamps used on the pipework dont seem to be good for the job so i have to replace them. Also the tuner says that if it was something the car couldnt cope with the check engine light would go on.
                    Last edited by UltraGTC; 14 November 2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

who is your tuner?

Comment

ecu-tuning gernany. Is a well known mapper used to work for revo. He tunes just about everything european. can anyone lead me for the pipework needed for my car? it is an Astra Mk5(SRiT) with a corsa Vxr engine. Do you know anyone who has done this?

Comment

Crack or map !

Check all of the pipe work make sure every thing is A ok ...

Do you have a boost gauge ?

If so see if you are holding pressure or if the pressure is up and down

Do you get "limp Mode" ? remember pressure can drop if you have too much boost or if the requested boost cant reach the target boost Ie if the map is asking for XXX amount of boost @ 5000 RPM if the ECU dose not see this it can cut the pressure...

Due to hving a bigger intercooler the ecu will see cooler temp = more boost

If the map is set to a high limit you may have jump over the target pressure !

Hope this is of use to you ...

Kind Regards

GCL Tuning

Comment

Working...
                          X