Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows steaming up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windows steaming up.

    Since the damp weather my car has started the steam up thing again. I had this last year but just put up with it but its started to annoy the hell out of me. As soon as i get in the car on a cold or damp morning the car just steams up mainly front window screen. Any one got any useful tips.
    I try the obvious like A/C blowers on full and heat and the direction thing just on front windows but still takes a while to get rid of.
    I had a fiesta st which came with front heated window why couldnt vaux do this tight [email protected]@kers

  • #2
    best thing you can do mate is what your doing already, Vauxhall's are renowned for it mate. Sucks... It's driving me beserk, had to wait 15 minutes for the window to de-steam this morning

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nfiltr8~ View Post
      best thing you can do mate is what your doing already, Vauxhall's are renowned for it mate. Sucks... It's driving me beserk, had to wait 15 minutes for the window to de-steam this morning
      I have hard using silica gel helps, anyone tried it

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gazza View Post
        I have hard using silica gel helps, anyone tried it
        Silica gel is the stuff you normally find in a shoe box. It extracts moisture from the environment but when saturated explodes (if you chuck in it the toilet for example)...

        Don't know how effective it will be...?
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

        PSN: TomFL12

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there any **** you can buy to wipe onto the windscreen to reduce the steaming up ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gazza View Post
            I have hard using silica gel helps, anyone tried it
            Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
            Silica gel is the stuff you normally find in a shoe box. It extracts moisture from the environment but when saturated explodes (if you chuck in it the toilet for example)...

            Don't know how effective it will be...?
            I have used silica gel tubs (not sure on real name for them) Got them two for a pound at pound1and... Think they are meant for wardbrobes and airing cuboards. Peal back the lid and prop upright in the boot under false floor. Make sure they stay upright as the gel is held at the top and water fills the bottom. Had them last winter and they worked a treat!
            They're disposable but mine lasted a good few months! Cant grumble for a pound!

            That reminds me - must get some more!
            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gazza View Post
              I had a fiesta st which came with front heated window why couldnt vaux do this tight [email protected]@kers
              i belive ford own the patent to that technology

              mines not tobad when it steams up i press the demist button and after a few minutes its done. all cars have this problem

              Corsa VXR now sold

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lou Rob View Post
                Is there any **** you can buy to wipe onto the windscreen to reduce the steaming up ?
                I purchased some anti mist stuff from halfords and it was terrible

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by richie.corsa.vxr View Post
                  i belive ford own the patent to that technology

                  mines not tobad when it steams up i press the demist button and after a few minutes its done. all cars have this problem
                  Really i would of thought there was no patent as its the same as the rear heated window

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have found that the quickest way to clear my condensation is AC on full blast...on cold...........dont know why but it clears quicker than on hot......however I have a worse problem at the moment.....................a very light greasy film on the outside of the front screen.....................cannot clean it off.......have tried allsorts......and its a nightmare when the light reflects off it at night...................
                    Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                    Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                    loved and lost, gave and took
                    Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The misty window problem is a night mare, especialy when you've just cleaned them and the kids feel its their right to draw patterns on them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                        I have found that the quickest way to clear my condensation is AC on full blast...on cold...........dont know why but it clears quicker than on hot......however I have a worse problem at the moment.....................a very light greasy film on the outside of the front screen.....................cannot clean it off.......have tried allsorts......and its a nightmare when the light reflects off it at night...................
                        try some neat apc then clay, then after that if it fails try a machine polish?


                        as for misting mine does a bit, just stick the heats on full and it goes faily quick.
                        try and make sure anything with moisture is not left in the car, if its been raining (like it doesnt?? lol) go for a drive with the windows slightly open and heater on full to remove as much moisture as possible from inside, also try make the inside of the car as warm as poss before you go in for the night.. dunno if it helps much but if the windscreen is warm from the inside it will take longer to mist up then if it was cool.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As someone else stated earlier Ford own the patent, while very similar to the rear window technology it is different, the wires are far more numerous and finer, try driving all day with the rear window wires all over your windscreen

                          Other companies can use the technology but Ford levy a very heavy charge for it, on a small car like the Corsa it would probably push the list price near to 20 thousand, VX would not sell that many at that price!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            richie and southbynorth are both right they patented it.

                            and to demist make sure u turn off the air recirculate button off and AC on. and as said cold is ment to work better than hot.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i cleaned my windows with megs glass cleaner and it stopped it
                              STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X