This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: My Corsa

I would just like to point out that im SURE SRI mean's the car has an uprated suspension system?

-----

Comment

aint this an SXI tho??
      so will have different suspension from the bog standard corsa's, but also different from the SRI's etc??
      and hate to say, but something i noticed in your last topic...
      the weight of your car is determined by everything that is connected to the car...
      if your rear seat backs are vertical and weigh 1.75kg, then when horizontal they will still weigh 1.75kg...
      yes this weight will be spread over a larger area, however since they will still be inside the car they will still affect the overall weight of your vehicle, UNLESS you can make them hover in mid air connected to absolutely nothing
      lowering them just means you have more boot space

Comment

Got to agree with the above. Remember that no matter how far you spread the load out it is still going through the same 4 wheels on the ground.....
        ....which leads me nicely on to your over inflated tyres. Definately not advisable to over inflate your tyres unless you are wanting to drive on a skid pan! The effect of overinflating them is to reduce the surface area of the tyre against the road thus a reduction of actual grip and a greater chance of losing control of the car.
        Your tyres should be inflated to about 10psi less than what you have them set at. You'll also likely to see an increse in tyre wear round the centre band and can also get you a fixed penalty under the construction and use act as your are knowlingly overinflating the tyres beyond their recommended setting!

Comment

Originally posted by Cossie-Scar
          and can also get you a fixed penalty under the construction and use act as your are knowlingly overinflating the tyres beyond their recommended setting!
          Especially relevant I should think, given his username and that he quotes Roadcraft in his sig!
          and I've just got to say I like the idea of bending the laws of physics by lying the seats flat, top job!

Comment

I know, I know, I know! I actually don't care any more...

Comment

-----

Comment

I go to the gym regularly to lose some KG's to max out my BHP.
                I'm tellin the missus to do the same so that my BHP will go up a further 120.

Comment

This morning, i made sure to have a dump and shave before i came to work. I had grown a substantial amount of stubble in the last few days and noticed this was impeding my progress.
                  I have tried to fold the rear seats down, but its a 996, and i some how feel that the impact of folding down the backrests is somewhat negated by a farking great big engine in the wrong place.
                  Perhaps i should request an engine rebuild and have it spread along the underside to reduce weight?
                  I also took your advice to the next level, and during my health check up yesterday, i requested i lie down across the scales to make me lighter

Comment

A warning about lightening the car

Good afternoon gentlemen
                    Beware folding your back seats down to save weight; I did this once and my car was blown away by a gust of wind.
                    I have also replaced the air in my tires with hydrogen - expensive I know, but the weight saved over heavy air enables at least another 10 BHPs and probably (and this is just an estimate) and extra 3 Torques.
                    If you really want to save weight, I suggest replacing all the glass in your car with cling-film. Be sure to secure this properly however! I find that lead masking tape does the job admirably, whilst lending a cool matt look to my car. Like the cop cars in robocop, you ask? YES X100 COOLER.
                    In pursuit of the BHPs (and Torques) - yours, "The" Doc

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=714

Just read this care of a link from another site.
                      Looking forward to a bevy of record times at this year's TOTB - I understand all the lads will be folding their back seats.
                      Police_Driver, I seriously hope you're not as your username suggests, because I seriously doubt that you'd handle anything more potent then your 1.2 Corsa.
                      Best Wishes
                      *Snigger*

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                        However, I gain most of my driving pleasure at work or on weekends where I assess for the IAM.
                        You have to be fookin' kidding me!
                        http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=518024

Comment

Just go for a crap before driving the car. That'll save a few pounds

Comment

I assume from the vast knolledge you have on vehiacls you must be a treffic cop
                            Mate do yourselfe a favour, either get new mates and spend less time in the pub listening too em
                            THE funnyest load of crap i've ever heard, seen the other thread posted on at least 7 other chat forums, your famouse
                            you've even got a nickname, backseat [email protected] boy

Comment

Originally posted by *snigger*
                              Originally posted by Police_Driver
                              However, I gain most of my driving pleasure at work or on weekends where I assess for the IAM.
                              You have to be fookin' kidding me!
                              http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=518024
                              I AM stupid mag is that

Comment

Working...
                              X