X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely whooped a scoobie

Hello guyz
    I am a newbie here.
    I will write of me experience in me corsa 1.2 sxi(VXR body kit, dumpvalv speeker) .
    The other day i was at traffic ligts with me bird in pasgere seet. Along side came a scoobie wrx and started making a whoosh with his dumpvalve and loking at me.
    I new he was loking for race so when the lights turn green I floored it. wit wheels spin I launched well. we were together in 1st and 2nd gear. I then changed to 3rd and pulled away by 1 -2 foots. It was fantastic fun to se the scoobie chaps face. He was completelty whooped. So next time he sees a vxr he will treat it with respect.

yo is one bad mofo dude :wink:
    do you fold your rear seats down too?
    i heated up me front splitter and bent it downwards, the downforce on the front now is like giving it nos shot of about 3bhp :wink:

Comment

Yes I have bent me back seat forwards. I heard that it helps in giving more downforce over the back wheels.
      I also use optimax as it helps give the car more power. I think my car is faster after I fitted the dumpvalv speeker.
      I don't carry much wait in my car. I have almost stripped the carpets out and am thinking of taking out the spare wheel.
      Me mate says that his 1 litre engine is ligter than the 1.2 so his car is faster as it has less wait. But it think mine is faster although it has extra wait.
      I also put in only a few litres of optimax in the tank to save on wait. so i also have to carry two 5 litre petrol cans in the back of the car in case it runs out if opti.

Comment

2 5 Litre cans! You should do what I do and just fill up every time you get to a petrol station. Of course, this means planning your route before you leave to work out exactly where the petrol stations are and how much you need to put in to make it to the next station. All the planning is well worth it when you have sufficient weight loss to fly past that BMW M3 you see every morning at the traffic lights on the way to work.
        I have also tried a new method over the weekend which has enhanced the torque of my vehicle. By smearing Salami all over the body work, the anaerobic respiration of the amoeba within the meat cells actually creates a chemical reaction with the paintwork that provides extra kinetic energy. This energy infiltrates down through the car and finds its way naturally by gravity to the front wheels. I have found my quarter mile time much improved.
        My next theory involves placing fluorescent jackets over the back seats. This way people might think I am a police officer on duty and will keep well back from me, giving me the illusion that I have powerful car that no-one can keep up with. Awesome huh?
        Keep em coming...

Comment

i only drive fast when im going by a southern route cause its going downhill and you can really notice the difference

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
            I have also tried a new method over the weekend which has enhanced the torque of my vehicle. By smearing Salami all over the body work, the anaerobic respiration of the amoeba within the meat cells actually creates a chemical reaction with the paintwork that provides extra kinetic energy. This energy infiltrates down through the car and finds its way naturally by gravity to the front wheels. I have found my quarter mile time much improved.
            Wow does this realy work? Any particular salami? THey say dont use supermarket petrol so does this mean the same for the salami. I need to buy from the buthcers then?
            I hope it dont knacker the paint to much. will it hurt the VXR body kit?

Comment

:? :? :?

Comment

It has to be German Peppered Salami

Comment

sorry bt a cant honestly believe that u beat a scooby in a 1.2Sxi there is just not enough power in the sxi to pull it off, or the guy with the scooby js didnt try.

Comment

Originally posted by Rom SRi
                    <snip>or the guy with the scooby js didnt try.
                    Probally pi55ing himself laughing.... I know i would be

Comment

Re: Completely whooped a scoobie

[quote="Jazz"]Hello guyz
                      Along side came a scoobie wrx and started making a whoosh with his dumpvalve and loking at me.
                      I new he was loking for race so when the lights turn green I floored it. wit wheels spin I launched well. we were together in 1st and 2nd gear. I then changed to 3rd and pulled away by 1 -2 foots.
                      The whoosh mate was because this guy actually had a real turbo and dumpvalve nt a speaker, he prob wernt lukin for a race either cz e dnt need 2, and he was looking at ur car think WTF probly, and a wud love to kno how wiv wheelspin u launched well , thts a bad launch reeely!, and he prob was in 4th wen u wer in 2nd redlining ur car! and he prob jst laughed at u as u went infront screaming!

Comment

a 1.2 corsa dude my old 1.4 Lupo wiped the floor with a 1.2 that was chipped!
                        So dont be silly, do you realise the wrx is 4.3 0-60 and has over 300BHP compared to your 79bhp
                        So my simple guess is the guy missed his gear and couldnt bang it in quick enough

Comment

Comment

Driving my old 1.2 SXI I would never have taken on a car like that as it just ain't gonna happen. As said before the guy probably wasn't even trying as it ain't worth it. Not that I'm playing the 1.2 down as it was a great gooer and did do well off the lights, and if driven well on A Roads it can outdo some much better cars.

What you have to remember is the standard 1.2 SXI does 0-62 in 11 secs, and has a top limit of 106mph with less than 100 BHP(around 79 I think). The advantage it has is being smaller, and therefore the power provides a little more than it would in a larger car but ultimately it is still no where near capable. It is nice to think that you beat him though as I used to think the same sometimes.

Now that I have an Astra VXR have found myself being the guy sat at lights who doesn't care if the little Corsa/Saxo/Clio nips in front, because if I really wanted to I could blow him away - which is an attitude I thought I would never have....

Comment

nice story just wondering if i should sell my vxr and buy my self one of these corsa beasts lol

Comment

Working...
                              X