This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO fit Insignia washer jets

i heard everyone goin on about the Insignia washer jets so i thought i would get some and see what they are like.
    i looked in the HOW TO for the corsa and couldnt find a HOW TO on how to do them so i thought i would do a write up on how to fit them

firstly you will need the Insignia washer jets. i brought them from the vauxhall parts desk. they were £4.58 for the pair. the part numbers are:

some say that you need a non return valve but i didnt bother.

time taken; 10 mins max

here's a pic of what the original ones are like

first things first pop the bonnet
    then remove the big rubber weather seal that goes along the bottom of your scuttle panel.
    you can see it here in this picture

the old washer jets just push out. i used and a hammer and a bit of blue paper towel to protect the washer jets when i was tapping them out.
    be careful not to damage the jets as you may want to use them again.

next gently lift up the front of the scuttle panel and pull out the washer jet.
    as shown in the picture below

you can then remove the old washer jet and replace it with the new Insignia washer jet
    it is a bit of a pain to remove the jets but just keep trying and the hose will come off.

you can see the difference in the washer jets
    old ones on the left, Insignia jets on the right

you can now relocate the new washer jet.
    make sure it is seated correctly by giving it a good push untill it clicks. this can be quite hard

you can now repeat the procedure for the other side.
    on the near side the washer jet has two hoses on it but it just comes off the same as before

once both washer jets are done you can then re-fit the scuttle panel and put the big rubber weather seal back on.
    now close your bonnet and your done

your new washer jets should now spray a fine mist

sorted!!

i hope this little HOW TO is helpful and if anyone needs more advice on how to
    do it just ask and i will be more than willing to help

cheers Dean

corsa arctic edition #257
    now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Great !
    i thinks I'll do that

Comment

Great guide mate and great timing especially as my washer jets were on the door mat waiting on me coming in from work!

Followed the guide to the letter and had them fitted in no more than 5 mins...you dont half have to pull to get the old ones off mind you

All in all a great little mod, which makes a massive difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Scuba Steve View Post
        Great guide mate and great timing especially as my washer jets were on the door mat waiting on me coming in from work!

Followed the guide to the letter and had them fitted in no more than 5 mins...you dont half have to pull to get the old ones off mind you

All in all a great little mod, which makes a massive difference!

lol great timing

i no yeah there on quite hard aint they

glad the guide helped you out mate

corsa arctic edition #257
        now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

looks good, think i mite have to do it now lol

found these on ebay they the same ones?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-GM-Ins...M#ht_500wt_928

Comment

Nice little how to mate think i might call for some tomorrow, the standard ones are like my bottom!!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Insig...es_CarParts_SM

This is where i got mine

Comment

cheers

Ordered mine

Comment

mine already look like that wooop woooooop sum1 else must of done it! chuffed!

Comment

i wonder if this can be done on astra vxr

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                      i wonder if this can be done on astra vxr
                      Sure can mate see here http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58322 its the same washer jets as the link above!

Comment

Just ordered mine off ebay for £5
                        Cant wait for them to arrive and get them fitted onto my car!!

Comment

did mine today to, its much nicer and beter, the window is cleaner, and that for €5, wish that evry mod came so cheap
                          Arden blue corsa OPC - Pipercross viper kit - H&R lowering springs - Bailey DV - bastuck full open system de-cat - steinmetz optical parts - debaged - rear wiper removed - Insignia washer jets - US indicators - Pilot xenon 8000k - pioneer avic f900bt with JL W6V2 sub

Comment

i found smearing some grease around the base of the jet and then push it though the hole made it easier then just wipe excess off
                            sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Great thread buddy, can't believe cars now adays don't come with a mist spray pattern as standard.
                              Stage 3 Arden Vxr - Built by me

Comment

Working...
                              X