This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic wheels advice

Noticed earlier a picture of an arctic and the wheels looked so shiny, i mean mine have had 12 months of grime a crap but i obviously clean them at least once a week.. is there anything i could use on them to improve shine (they give of like permanent water marks on certain parts of the wheel) obviously iv seen black wheels on astra's and other corsa's. would appreciate any advice

Adz

Originally posted by adz-ng5 View Post
    Noticed earlier a picture of an arctic and the wheels looked so shiny, i mean mine have had 12 months of grime a crap but i obviously clean them at least once a week.. is there anything i could use on them to improve shine (they give of like permanent water marks on certain parts of the wheel) obviously iv seen black wheels on astra's and other corsa's. would appreciate any advice

Adz
    wheel cleaner.. i used loads of brands but found one for 99p in tescos which works well!

cleans my white wheels on my other car perfectly.
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

I was told not to used 'acid based' wheel cleaners on my wheels as it will take the laquer off in time and the wheels will lose their shine. I use Auto Glym Wheel Cleaner as i dont think it is acid based and i says on the bottle that its recommended for painted wheels etc.

Comment

I think youll fing Auto glym is very aciddy if it's the one im thinking of.

try bilbery or blueberry wheel cleaner from one of the shops in the detailing section. http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/redber1.htm

A good polish and a wheel wax/sealent will get them looking fresh and help keep them that way. Can even use jetseal which i use personally http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Paint_...Pain_p/jet.htm
        Last edited by nige87; 29 July 2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I personally use Bilberry, very good just don't leave it on for too long.

Comment

So autoglym is acidic and Bilberry isn't, just got mine done today and I don't particuarly want to ruin them!
            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

bilberry is the best to use i am sure its acid free

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                So autoglym is acidic and Bilberry isn't, just got mine done today and I don't particuarly want to ruin them!
                Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                bilberry is the best to use i am sure its acid free
                Correct..

Comment

im gona take my wheels off during the week and give them
                  a good clean ready for saturday

will post some pics up when ive done them

corsa arctic edition #257
                  now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Working...