This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Wash using new products.

Firstly i would like to say a massive thankyou to Jen at Juicy Detailing for helping me out on all points, advising me and helping me choose the right products for the clean. got about a years supply too great help and i rate her advise alot!

never done detailing before and i was all set and ready, but this is manchester and the weather turns immediately!! so i couldn't do everything i wanted, managed to get a proper wash, and dry though so i was happy with the end result considering.

Method i used:

Started off with the Snow Foam, left it on for about 10 Mins and the rinsed off. this stuff works a treat!

Following this is got myself the two bucket method, one filled up using Chemical Guys 'born to be mild' and the other filled up with water and a grit guard. began cleaning only the bodywork with Dodo Juice Tribble Sheepskin Wash Mitt and it picked up and smoothed over everything, didn't feel gritty underneath either

After this were the wheels, didn't use any form of 'bilberry' etc just used the born to be mild and a Dodo Juice 'Captain Crevice' wheel mitt. got inbetween and right in the alloy with this glove on and the wheels are spotless. again using the two bucket method.

running out of time due to the mass rain cloud i quickly Dried off using a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Towel -mega thick.....this towel is amazing. it picked up every droplet of water, and is ultra soft to save paint work. a brilliant buy IMO. the only problem is that it left behind fibres of cotton b ut this is due to being new, got rid of them using a damp micro fibre cloth took about hour and half to do and i really enjoyed it.
    So heres a few cheeky snap shots before the wether came knocking on the door!!
    fitted the Wind delectors too from Heko, think they finish off quite well

Had more stuff to do like polish and wax it but there wasn't enough time

i'll get some more up once the springs are on and the windows are tinted!

cheers
    tom

looks good mate, next to try the products on is the RS

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Originally posted by corsa9017 View Post
      looks good mate, next to try the products on is the RS
      Cheers for the comment,
      There's 2 of them in the garage and when the weather isn't so **** they will be appearing
      tom

Comment

Good write up, looks mint fella I like the look of the facelift version.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ VXR View Post
          Good write up, looks mint fella I like the look of the facelift version.
          cheers matey, bit gutted i couldn't clay, polish and then seal it all in but theres other days for that im starting to like it, was gonna try and change it but its winning me over haha.
          tom

Comment

very nice!

oh and its dod juice born to be mild

Where abouts in Manchester are you based pal?

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
              very nice!

oh and its dod juice born to be mild

Where abouts in Manchester are you based pal?
              Damn! Beat me to it

Car looks really nice. I actually think the facelift suits Arden better.
              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

From Hyde lads, brilliant little place haha.
                what u mean it's dod juice? Did I spell it wrong.....thought it was dodo juice? bad times.
                Where abouts you 2 from? I love this Arden colour, think it's my fav colour I have had on my cars yet
                Tom

Comment

no you put chemical guys instead of dodo juice - i spelt it wrong lol

Im manchester aswell so just wondered. Yeah i loved my arden before i got rid now got FW RS.

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                    no you put chemical guys instead of dodo juice - i spelt it wrong lol

Im manchester aswell so just wondered. Yeah i loved my arden before i got rid now got FW RS.
                    where abouts in manchester? dont suppose you attend the manchester meet with the group do you?? very nice mate, how long u had your arden for? which RS you got? i love RS's, my dads in the commity for it, helps organise the national day too. bring on september for that day, may get my arden on the track there!

Comment

i havent attended any meets for a while for one reaosn or another but they are all very good. may get to a couple soon if im allowed in the RS lol should bring back the old nw meet setup.

I had an arden astra pal, loved it.

RS is a full Mountune conversion its brilliant, just thew right time for an upgradde that was all.

Is your dad on focusrsoc.com? whats his name and username?

North Manc so not a million miles from you, heaton park way

Comment

the old NW meet, on the RS side or the Vaux side? which RS you got? is it a mk2....stuffy git if u have. dads got one in white, you can see it lurking in the back of one of the photos haha.

i know heaton park very well, race round there (on legs not in the car) haha.

not sure my dads on the focusrsoc....he's just on the RSOC website.

Comment

The RS looks REALLY close to the garage wall!!. Have fun cleaning & driving ur new car, looks good!

Comment

the RS is sat about 2 cm from the wall, great skill getting it in and out. reason its so close is cause there a Mk5 concourse Rs2000 on stands next to it thanks for the comment matey

Comment

Working...
                            X