My Corsa vxr 2nd times the charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Corsa vxr 2nd times the charm

Well as I’m back in a Corsa again thought I would start a progress thread hopefully this one serves me better then my last one lmao. I picked it up Friday and so far the only thing I’ve done is change the expansion tank cap as it was leaking other than that it’s how I purchased it the mods I’ve seen on it so far is a Remus exhaust system lowered on springs and some sort of universal filter lol.

Only got a couple of pics as it took me all day to clean it the paintwork was terrible I went through 2 clay bars as well as having to machine a couple of panels I’m not sure about the Wheels and stripes but I like it cuz it’s different to others I’ve seen Hmm decisions decisions

Future plans are bodyshop first as it has bodywork issues then I’m gonna get it into wg for a forge build I don’t wanna chase numbers but I’m hoping for around 300bhp ish but obvs that’s a long way off but that’s the end goal if anyone wants to follow my build on YouTube my username is yodaracing but will keep he updates on here coming anyway

Cheers
    Craig
    Last edited by yodacraig; 14 January 2018, 08:06 PM.
    xbox addy -turboyoda85
    Instagram yoda_craig85

car looks sweet mate...BUT lol i wud get rid of that side vxr white stripe i personally think its as bad as having go faster stripes down the middle lmfao but end of the day mate its your motor if u like it rags to what every1 else thinks

Comment

Originally posted by chodiddly View Post
      car looks sweet mate...BUT lol i wud get rid of that side vxr white stripe i personally think its as bad as having go faster stripes down the middle lmfao but end of the day mate its your motor if u like it rags to what every1 else thinks

Haha yea I know I’m still unsure but it adds 10bhp apparantly hahahah
      xbox addy -turboyoda85
      Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Nice looking car, it looks very tidy, I like the wheels but the stripes look a bit naff.

Yorkie

Comment

Thought I would do a small update not done much to the car since I’ve got it gave it a full service using genuine service parts from Vauxhall’s which was cheaper than I expected tbh next I changed the bonnet as the laquer peel was driving me crazy so found a low miles Corsa that was breaking and got the bonnet off that next I installed this

Which turned into a headache fitting those adaptors are crap lol

And today I received this

The filter that came with it was a cheap shocking universal thing that you could spin with your hand lol

So from this

To this

Also added this sticker and vxr badge with the blue r sorry car is dirty in this pic believe it or not I only cleaned it yesterday this weather is doing my head in lol

That’s all for now sorry it’s a boring one thanks for looking
          xbox addy -turboyoda85
          Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Well thought I would give this a update no visuals I’m afraid lol well I’ve just ordered a set of forged pistons and rods from warren and is booked in with him on the 24th of April for fitting I seriously can’t wait gave the car a compression test prior to ordering and all is ok weirdly p4 has the most compression which leads me to believe its maybe been changed in the past ?? I will post some pics when the parts arrive and keep updating when the car is in etc

Cheers
            Craig
            xbox addy -turboyoda85
            Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Originally posted by craigybaby View Post
              Well thought I would give this a update no visuals I’m afraid lol well I’ve just ordered a set of forged pistons and rods from warren and is booked in with him on the 24th of April for fitting I seriously can’t wait gave the car a compression test prior to ordering and all is ok weirdly p4 has the most compression which leads me to believe its maybe been changed in the past ?? I will post some pics when the parts arrive and keep updating when the car is in etc

Cheers
              Craig
              How much are you getting charged for forging? Also are you going to be running standard cylinder bores or are they getting enlarged.
              Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Comment

£1799 all in mate rods and pistons were just over a grand which leaves about £799 ish to pay him going for stock size 79mm pistons as mine are fine as it has good compression etc but if he opens it up and there is damage etc will need a rebore which will be a extra grand so hoping it will be alright lol I’ve been speaking to him for the past few weeks about it all and he’s really helpful etc
                Last edited by yodacraig; 29 March 2018, 11:22 AM.
                xbox addy -turboyoda85
                Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

£1799 all in mate rods and pistons were just over a grand which leaves about £799 ish to pay him going for stock size 79mm pistons as mine are fine as it has good compression etc but if he opens it up and there is damage etc will need a rebore which will be a extra grand so hoping it will be alright lol I’ve been speaking to him for the past few weeks about it all and he’s really helpful etc
                  Not a bad price to be fair, would like to get my own forged but mine would probably need a rebore with it being high mileage (90k) but don't have a spare £2700 just to throw at the engine.
                  Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Comment

Mine has done 90k mate as long as it’s got good compression etc and similar on all bores can’t see why it would be a issue all depends on how it’s been looked after I guess
                    xbox addy -turboyoda85
                    Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

How did you get hold of him I’ve tried messaging 2 times now on his web page and still no reply, had my gearbox rebuilt yesterday at Halifax but was trying to get WG to do it but never get a reply and having no phone number is a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GPH69 View Post
                        How did you get hold of him I’ve tried messaging 2 times now on his web page and still no reply, had my gearbox rebuilt yesterday at Halifax but was trying to get WG to do it but never get a reply and having no phone number is a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I just emailed him mate he checks his messages every morning and on his email is his mobile number can pm u it if u want
                        xbox addy -turboyoda85
                        Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Not a bad little motor mate, be better if it wasn't a corsa like

Nah I'm just jessing. Not a fan of the white wheels. I think white wheels look cheap.
                          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Haha cheers buddy Yea mate I agree not a fan of the Wheels anymore but as you can imagine my money has been tied up with sorting the engine build but around June I’m taking the stickers off and doing the wheels anthracite
                            xbox addy -turboyoda85
                            Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Vxr is soon to be extinct as a brand. Let's hope values go up
                              W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Working...
                              X