Arron's Corsa D VxRacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arron's Corsa D VxRacing

Hi all , im creating a my car thread to show any details/mods ive changed , from the really small stuff to anything major . It helps me keep a log of what ive changed too for my own benefit , I can see how much ive spent/wasted on things over the months . Ill probably show any repairs that do myself to if I can . While everyone has their own tastes this is just my take on things.

Changed so far

INTERIOR

Eonon Head Unit
    Armrest
    Sprayed Seat Inserts And Vents Red
    Rooted Dash Cam
    Aftermarket DAB +
    Turbosmart Boost Gauge
    Water Temp gauge
    Full LED Conversion White&red
    Cid to Gid Conversion

EXTERIOR

Rear Wiper Delete
    Team Heko Wind Deflectors
    Boot, Door handles And Petrol Cap Sprayed Black
    Remus 3 Piece Exhaust
    Halo Headlights
    Roof And Bonnet Wrapped Black
    VxRacing Sunstrip
    Sprayed V Grill Black With Red Emblem
    Shark Fin Aerial
    TRC Splitter
    Maxton Side Skirt Extensions
    Red Fog Light Bezels
    Tinted Rear Lights
    Maxton Spoiler Extention
    Black Vxr Boot Logo
    Red Alloy Wheel Protector
    Bonnet Vents
    Forge Front Subframe Strut Brace
    Insignia Jet Washers
    Fly eye/sprayed Original headlights
    Remus Dual Backbox
    Pre facelift to facelift grill conversion
    Custom Halo valeo lights
    Door lock covers
    Led side indicators
    Dna style rear lights
    Kuro Carbon T2 Diffuser
    Powerflex bushes front & back
    Brembo 4Pot calipers
    Hel front braided lines
    Koni front shocks

ENGINE BAY

AEM Dry Cone Filter
    Bonnet Strut
    Enhanced Performance Boost Pipe
    EP induction Kit
    MK coolant hoses
    Water temp adaptor
    Various Covers

How Car Currently looks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ill start with appearance and some very minor stuff as atm the car is standard performance wise and im currently saving to go stage 2 or 3 straight off the bat . ill update this thread with anything I do and my opinion on what ive changed

Ok so first thing I did was change the head unit , the idea of having Bluetooth etc was something I really wanted , soon as I found out there was plug and play units I was straight on it

I went for an eonon unit , and while I couldn't get it to sit flush in the space the unit itself has been great & have been really impressed , so far (4 months) everything has been just as hoped and I recommend these units .

Next I installed the wind deflectors (team heko)

I wasnt sure about these at first but once I installed I thought they looked good , it seems everyone has these on atm . Im not sure the practical side of things work that well but they look good and are ok for when raining

Next thing my rubber seal started coming off near the door so I bought the clip from VX and fixed it and has been fine so far

Next I noticed the seat leather coming away was annoyed at this so tried fixing by getting the clips from recardo but am currently in the process of fixing

Next thing to break was my glove box , the whole thing came off as the plastic handles had snapped , I took the whole thing out and used cable ties to repair . its safe as houses now so I put my gps antenna in there out the way

I wanted to change the center wheel cap next as didn't like the griffin badges , I took them off and replaced with the aluminium Vxr Badge , I also added vxr sticker to wing mirror but later took off

Next Up the lights , I bought a full set off W20adm (thankyou) and I must say these transformed the car at night , the standard yellow ones look so bad compared , really pleased with these

Last edited by Arron D; 1 July 2020, 07:10 AM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    https://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/ch...rsa-d-vxracing

Instagram Vxracing488

Next I cleaned the car because it was a mess wax shine and I used the clay bay ... I wanted to colour code so ive bought some wrap to give wrapping the roof a try .
    I wrapped the back and front side vents in black and the roof will be black too . Ive purchased a tailgate handle(mine dodgy) and the VX spray paint to do all exterior handles on the car in black

Ive also purchased an armrest , I wasn't sure I would actually use this that much but liked the idea so went for it . Its great and I use it all the time , the storage and look suits well and is something I didn't think id like so much .

I also have pipes to be fitted and other bits and bobs soon
    Last edited by Arron D; 27 October 2019, 07:36 PM.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Looks good mate see if a mod will move it to members cars in the. Above section with all the other progress threads
      xbox addy -turboyoda85
      Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Thanks mate, yeah that's where I put it originally and it got moved for some reason. Need a mod to move back please

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

boot handle done and petrol cap sprayed black , just waiting for black handles to turn up , indicator surrounds also changed to black

oh and also some alloy protectors that wouldn't protect anything ... but I think they look ok . they growing on me

remus on .... which sounds awesome

next ... wrap roof and fly wrap front headlights
          Last edited by Arron D; 27 May 2018, 09:22 PM.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Looks alright that mate not to sure about the filler cap but the rest looks good
            xbox addy -turboyoda85
            Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Thanks mate, I've still got a red cap so I can change back, I'm hoping when the handles are black it will look ok but will see, got a feeling when I do roof black will want bonnet black too but it all just try and see. Im digging your vxr too tbh I've never seen one like that

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Originally posted by Arron D View Post
                Thanks mate, I've still got a red cap so I can change back, I'm hoping when the handles are black it will look ok but will see, got a feeling when I do roof black will want bonnet black too but it all just try and see. Im digging your vxr too tbh I've never seen one like that

Ha ha cheers mate tbh I’m not a fan of how it looks stickers are coming off and I’m ditching the white Wheels as keeping them clean is a headache lol
                xbox addy -turboyoda85
                Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

headlight fly eye wrap , I really like it . pain in **** to do but like results , handles sprayed black too . going to spray back lights and waiting for remus to turn up

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Took roof rails and aerial base off to wrap roof black ... did all that and messed roof up lol soooooooo... that might have to be done by professionals , been quoted £200 which im not willing to pay at the moment . taking aerial off tho got me thinking of a black shark fin so that's something im going to look in too

also sprayed some of the interior red to give the inside abit of red

Added sunstrip and will probably put a sticker in middle , depending on mot may do it abit bigger

Meet a few VXR people so thought id promote lol I know site aint what it was but still .... I may put next one in line with vxracing next time

Last edited by Arron D; 27 May 2018, 09:37 PM.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Nice mate
                      xbox addy -turboyoda85
                      Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

just couple of repairs ....Boring stuff really

Been using the Dry cone filter , taken off to clean . car seems to run better with panel . Dont know if its just in my head or been getting turbo lag with cone

fan only blew on setting 4 so changed resister on that

added logo to my sunstrip and a dashcam that was really pleased with , rooted that to fuse box

changed reverse light switch and headlights ready for MOT

cracks in the bottom part of my bumper are getting worse tho , really wish someone would sell me bottom part for reasonable price & one thats in decent condition. been checking ebay for over 6 months now

silencer delete pipe added too

Next im going to spray V on grill and wrap roof and bonnet gloss black Also gearbox refurb :s
                        Last edited by Arron D; 20 July 2018, 05:33 PM.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

sprayed the V black , done the badge red but i may change it to black , need the bonnet and roof doing black to fully appreciate the 'V' i think . I also got a replacement bumper splitter its in blue so needs respraying , i may do this but with my recent efforts i may get a 'professional to do' or maybe ill try ... mess it up then get a professional to do . Just glad i managed to get one for decent price thats no damage

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Nice work. I like repair stuff, it's not really boring. It shows you are a responsible owner lol.

I've been thinking about spraying my mirror plastic gloss black. I got polish on the drivers side and it is literally impossible to get off if left to set on there. So its a good excuse at least.
                            W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

I think the red and black sits well together & should on yours too, im ok with smallish parts to spray . The bumper bottom i acquired tho may be too big for me , may need a gun etc . with it being such a big area i dont wana mess it up with runs etc . I dont take my amateurish skills too seriously but still want it to look good
                              Last edited by Arron D; 28 July 2018, 10:04 AM.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Working...
                              X