This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R888's and camber adjustments

Right, since ive got some Toyo R888's and 2nd set of Revo's on the car for future track days i had some plans and problems.
    plans are, track days and daily driver but a focused track car!
    problems, only get 225/40/18 tyres to fit without scrubbing and fouling everything

last week i flare the rear drivers arch a further 3 to 4mm and cured the scrubbing. i had previously flared the fronts earlier in the year so no problems there!

so todays job was, turn my brakes round as they had been fitted upside down and wearing pads at a severe angle due to the small piston being at the bottom rather than the top!!

then, after seeing another car with plenty of front camber and stuck to the road like poo to a blancket I wanted to dial in some more front camber. it had a small amount due to springs but i wanted more.

here are the results

i wouldnt recomend this setup for road use as it will cause excessive wear on tyres but it slips and slides all over the road with the slightest bit of damp, but get to the twisty stuff and its amazing, cant believe the difference!!

this wil be done for the day at the track only and wont be running it like this every day

Now you have added camber the tracking is going to be out...
    sigpic

Comment

yeah i know, guna get some figures to correct that!

Comment

whats the 888's like in that weather?

Comment

Hope the r888 are better than the t1rs there a death wish in rain
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redastravxr View Post
            Hope the r888 are better than the t1rs there a death wish in rain
            pahh thats an astra for you t1r's where okay for me

Comment

i had no problems with any of my t1rs ...strange
              WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
                whats the 888's like in that weather?

there not too bad but you have to get quite a bit of heat into them, hard on a public road but thats if you want to push it a bit. if your just driving about normally, they are just as good as anyother tyre in my opinion.

just avoid standing water!!!

i wasnt a fan of the T1r's, split on the side walls and egged really bad but they were ok in the wet

Comment

888's are fine in the rain as long as you spin them up to get the heat in, but as Craig said not wise on the highways.
                  Looking good Craig, but it needs a dam good clean lol
                  sigpic

Comment

There good in dry but scarey in wet
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
                      888's are fine in the rain as long as you spin them up to get the heat in, but as Craig said not wise on the highways.
                      Looking good Craig, but it needs a dam good clean lol

i know, i havent got a single drop of cleaning stuff, i used it all for germany, its either muck or stardrops im going for muck!!

Comment

where did you get your fog surrounds from? they look ace!!

Comment

Originally posted by rodney8803 View Post
                          where did you get your fog surrounds from? they look ace!!
                          genuine GM product, they are the optional line pack 2 bumper upgrade for lesser models, essentially a VXR bumper but different fog surrounds. your dealer should be able to find them for you as i dont have a part number!!

Comment

not bad... looks much better than the chrome surround... nice lil mod

Comment

yeah thats why i got them, i hate chrome, i also painted the corsa and vxr badges black i hated it that much!!

Comment

Working...
                              X