This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky breaks when reversing

I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed my breaks squeak when breaking in reverse does anyone else have the same problem and what should be done?
    Snapchat me joshreinbach2

I get a bit of noise from the brakes every so often. Probably just a slightly more aggressive pad compound that are fitted the VXR. Nothing to worry about unless its constantly screeching.

Comment

Yep mine does this too now and again, don't think it's anything to worry about!

Comment

My rear brakes also seize every morning after being parked up overnight.

Comment

Think I'm going to take it to Vauxhall in the morning to get it looked at will let you guys know how it goes.
          Snapchat me joshreinbach2

Comment

That happens to me too, intermittent though

Comment

Braking when in reverse can cause squeal but it is nothing to worry about, and doesn't happen every time. It is quite normal. Most braking is done in a forward direction so the particles/fibres that make up the brake pads are worn down in a forward direction. Braking in reverse means the disc is rubbing 'against the grain' of the brake pad particles/fibres, and you never put as much pressure on the brakes in reverse so the pads have a chance to vibrate (squeal).

Comment

Working...
              X