Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do a replacement bonnet intake?

Day 2 of ownership and probably a silly question but .....

Does anyone know if someone makes a replacement/working bonnet intake? I have the carbon pack and it would be great if there was something in carbon.

Cheers,

Yorkie

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t-E-in-the-UK)

Maybe what you are looking for.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

http://streamlinecarbon.com/v2/produ...-bonnet-vents/
      Those are the focus rs ones in carbon fibre, not too cheap though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ARDEN BLUE
      UPGRADES - REMUS 4 PIECE EXHAUST, MAXTON NURBURGRING SPLITTER, MTEC SHORT SHIFTER, RAMAIR PANEL FILTER, CARBON FIBRE DIFFUSER + MUDFLAPS, LED KIT, LED DLR'S, LED INTERIOR BULBS, LED NUMBERPLATE LIGHTS, GEL PRIVATE PLATE

Comment

OP maybe looking at replacing the fake bonnet vent

Comment

Yeah I'm looking for a (working) direct replacement in carbon. If they don't do one I might see if I can get one made.

Yorkie

Comment

I genuinely have no idea why anyone with a 'Vauxhall' would slap some 'Ford' bits on the bonnet at all. But hey ho. That white one in the first link looked good apart from the terrible bonnet vents !!

But a working intake scoop on the E would be a good idea.

James

sigpic
            MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

I would not want to replace if the fake bonnet vent, just image all the crap / dirt you are going to get in the engine bay

Comment

Ahh yeah i get you, just saw the one in the link and assumed you wanted the rs style vents. They aren't to my liking either. I know elite performance on facebook seem to be making a lot of carbon bits for vxrs. Might be worth dropping them a message 👍

ARDEN BLUE
                UPGRADES - REMUS 4 PIECE EXHAUST, MAXTON NURBURGRING SPLITTER, MTEC SHORT SHIFTER, RAMAIR PANEL FILTER, CARBON FIBRE DIFFUSER + MUDFLAPS, LED KIT, LED DLR'S, LED INTERIOR BULBS, LED NUMBERPLATE LIGHTS, GEL PRIVATE PLATE

Comment

You could get some GTE/GSI vents off an early Astra and have them welded in - proper VX and functional. Seem to be a bit rare nowadays though.
                  Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismeehan1994 View Post
                    Ahh yeah i get you, just saw the one in the link and assumed you wanted the rs style vents. They aren't to my liking either. I know elite performance on facebook seem to be making a lot of carbon bits for vxrs. Might be worth dropping them a message 👍

Cheers that is really useful. I was thinking carbon with a black mesh to stop stuff getting ingested.

Yorkie

Comment

Working...
                    X