Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa E VXR Dump Valve

Hello everyone! Good to be back!

I'm not sure what sort of valve to go for or if there are specific sizing's that I would need. I see many different price ranges on valves and was wandering if you guys could help me out?

Many thanks.

Its not recommended to fit a dump valve to the Corsa D/E.

Reason being the car comes with a recirc valve as standard - this feeds the excess air back into engine the which also reduces lag. Since the ECU is expecting the recirc valve to be there if you swap it out for a dump valve you will confuse the ECU - you may get errors codes but it'll also run like crap and slower in comparison to standard.

If you want a "tssh" noise when changing gear just fit an open cone filter as it will give the same noise but without ruining your car.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      Its not recommended to fit a dump valve to the Corsa D/E.

Reason being the car comes with a recirc valve as standard - this feeds the excess air back into engine the which also reduces lag. Since the ECU is expecting the recirc valve to be there if you swap it out for a dump valve you will confuse the ECU - you may get errors codes but it'll also run like crap and slower in comparison to standard.

If you want a "tssh" noise when changing gear just fit an open cone filter as it will give the same noise but without ruining your car.
      Ahh right cheers mate.

I've ordered an AEM filter so hopefully that should give me a nice sound.

Comment

They are good, not OTT like PX but a nice sound and more importantly no MAF problems.

Good choice
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Working...
        X