Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding Noise When Pulling Away and Turning

Hi All!

I am a new member and was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue I have. I bought a 65 plate Corsa VXR in Feb 2018 from Pentagon, the car had 18,000 miles clocked on it and was exactly what I wanted.

Recently there is a loud grinding noise that seems to be coming from the front wheels when I am pulling away and turning. The noise becomes louder and louder the more the wheel is turned. Reversing there is no noise even with full lock. The noise can always be heard if moving forward and turning but is definitely more noticeable at lower speeds and lower gears

I have done some research and from what I can gather it could either be:
    • Limited Slip Diff;
    • Gearbox;
    • Gearbox Oil;
    • Wheel Bearing.
    I was not made aware of any previous accidents the car was involved in. If it is the Diff, is it normal for a Diff to die within 30,000 miles (Current mileage).

I need to take it to VX and get them to take a look at it but I wondered if anybody had a similar issue and if so what it was and what was needed to fix it?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Does your car have a diff, i.e. is it a Performance Pack car?

I'm not sure it'd be gearbox related as that noise wouldn't vary with how much you turn the steering wheel.

It could be a wheel bearing though
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes it has the performance pack. I will take a video tonight and post it so that its a bit clearer.

Comment

Video Attached.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Weird, sound more like a tyre rubbing in the video?
          Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Sounds like the diff is groaning . Change of gear oil should help.

Comment

Working...
            X