Correct oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct oil

Can someone please confirm this is the correct gearbox oil for my Corsa burg? Don’t give any information on the bottle. It’s oem from Vauxhall

Here is what I heard:

For manual gearboxes such as M32, F23, F40, F20 it is suggested the use of a high quality fully synthetic gearbox oil, viscocity 75w-90.

Where an M32 or F40 gearbox has a factory fitted Drexler plate type LSD use the Millers CRX NT+ 75w-90 LS Spec gearbox oil, which has a special additive for use with a plate type differential.

Given you're talking about a Burg I'd take the second point, for M32 box fitted with a factory LSD 75w-90 Oil should be sufficient. Sorry Can't read what the label states on your picture.

Hopefully that helps, if not someone else might have more knowledge.
    Last edited by Ibrucewaynelee; 13th March 2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

As for the oil itself....it's the BOT303 oil, part numbers:

GM 93165694
      Vauxhall 1940004
      Opel 1940004

I'd recommend reading this:

https://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/ch...box-oil-change

So as for the oil change, I believe if the bottle you got matches any of the above part numbers it's correct or around the viscocity of 75w-90, then it should be all good.

Like I said before it's recommended the best one is: Millers CRX NT+ 75w-90 LS this is LSD special oil

But reading the above thread it's recommended, changing this yearly with the Burgs because of the diff, and looks like Vauxhall have made this officially part of their service schedules too.

Think the gearbox should take around 2.3 liters of oil, but that's just from memory so don't quote me on that
      Last edited by Ibrucewaynelee; 13th March 2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Its usually 75W-80, but 75W-90 shouldn't do any harm - iirc the 90 just means it stays marginally thicker when hot.

M32Guy recommends, along with WGM, Courtenay, the likes of Fuchs Titan Sintofluid or better, and also to overfill slightly on gen1, gen2 boxes.
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrucewaynelee View Post
          As for the oil itself....it's the BOT303 oil, part numbers:

GM 93165694
          Vauxhall 1940004
          Opel 1940004

I'd recommend reading this:

https://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/ch...box-oil-change

So as for the oil change, I believe if the bottle you got matches any of the above part numbers it's correct or around the viscocity of 75w-90, then it should be all good.

Like I said before it's recommended the best one is: Millers CRX NT+ 75w-90 LS this is LSD special oil

But reading the above thread it's recommended, changing this yearly with the Burgs because of the diff, and looks like Vauxhall have made this officially part of their service schedules too.

Think the gearbox should take around 2.3 liters of oil, but that's just from memory so don't quote me on that
          Parts numbers on the bottles I got are

19 40 182

the guy in Vauxhall said it was for the burg but he didn’t seem to confident so wanna make sure he has give me the rite stuff

Comment

https://www.autovaux.co.uk/93165290-...tre-as93165290

This is what comes up for that: 75w-85 by looks of it

Seems like just your basic trans fluid

Comment

Well I suppose it’s what Vauxhall would use if they gave it to me. So will give it a try! OEM stuff can’t be that bad!

Comment

I wouldnt use vauxhall oil in my gearbox, i used Millers oil, its worth paying extra for peace of mind.

Comment

How'd this go pal? Did you get gearbox oil change? If so hope it's going alright

Comment

I found out the bearing in the gearbox is knackered. So it’s booked in To have it replaced. Its whining in gears 3 and 4, but only when the engine is warmed up. Being done in the morning so hopefully all will be good after that!!

Comment

Ah... Sorry to hear that pal. Hope you get it resolved soon. Good luck for it mate 🤞

Comment

All sorted now. Had the bearings replaced today. No whining what so ever. Gearbox feels a lot smoother. Was so annoying listening to the whining noise in 3 and 4th. Sounded like a had a supercharger😂

Comment

How much it cost you mate?

Comment

Was done under a Rac warranty. Think it was £350 nit including VAT. Worked a treat tho. Box is lovely and quiet now.

Comment

Working...
                            X