Corsa E vixer cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa E vixer cats

Hi, sorry if this question's been asked before but.
    Can someone claify the number of cats on the E series corsa. I've heard theres only one, & elsewhere theres two!
    The question is. Is the flexi section at the front of the vehicle a secondary cat or just a flexi section. Either way if this is removed for a new exhaust system. Will the car still pass an MOT if it is in fact a secondary cat?
    Thanks for your help

Just removed mine today actually!

There is only cat on the E and that is in the downpipe...its exactly they same as the facelift D main cat as well.

The flexi section under the car is just a straight pipe on the E...there no bulge or anything there.

If you remove it the car will not pass an MOT, though its extremely easy to swap the main cat back if the bolts are in good nick, like 20 mins taking it easy.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Hi mate thanks for your reply. With a sensor down by the flexi section had me confused if that was a secondary cat. I managed to get in touch with scorpion exhausts. They told me if you fit their cat back system it,ll still pass the mot. This one appears to replace the flexi section. Cobra seem to do a system where the flexi section is retained.
      So I,ve ordered a Scorpion as it appears my flexi is starting to go. 🤞🙂🤞

Comment

Yeah, Scorpions system should be fine for MOTs as it'll bolt onto the standard downpipe/cat

Cobra are a bit weird in what they sell for E - they don't so a separate downpipe and flexi thats the same shape as the standard parts, instead they have a combined unit to replace those front 2 parts...but it'll only fit on a Cobra cat back so it locks you into their parts only and you can't mix and match.

At least with the scorpion you can keep the standard cat, or add a scorpion decat later, or the EP one, or any of the other 3 inch downpipes.

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

There's nothing straightforward these days. Back when I was 'younger' you could chuck a carb on, buy a janspeed system, and you,re ready to roll. Too much electronics on cars these days. Bring back carbs, point,s and dizzie caps, I say 😁😁😁😁

Comment

Timing guns at the ready! lol

Comment

Working...
            X