This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored rear discs?

Just had my car at the dealers for the suspension alignment and they told me they have ordered new rear discs to be replaced under warranty as they are badly scored, apparantly there is a technical bulletin they have had advising to do those for insignias,

The rear brake pads are too abrasive they said, so new discs, don't know yet if they are harder or they will change the pads too,
    The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

VX wouldnt replace mine on my Corsa though I am convinced they are scored.
    Ive taken it back to the same place now and on both occasions they have told me nothing is wrong with them and that theres loads of wear still left on the discs and pads.
    I couldnt believe the price they wanted for new either.
    A lot more expensive for a Corsa than any other make of VX.

Comment

they changed my front ones fr me under warenty cuz they were scored but would chance the back one. they make you laugh lol

Comment

There is a bulletin for rear scored discs, i had my SRI ones done a few weeks ago.

Pad compound not correctly made for the disc on some model years.

Comment

I'm booked for this to be done under warranty on the 2nd now, they confirmed its on all Insignias apparently but not being recalled, just when a dealer sees a car they are to check rear disc condition and repalce under warranty if scored, mine have a pronounced lip , TBH I thought it was my driving.....

I need to check the Oil life thing too as its showing 24% left and I've only done 2950miles, level is good, colour is still good

Comment

Originally posted by DMVXR View Post
            I'm booked for this to be done under warranty on the 2nd now, they confirmed its on all Insignias apparently but not being recalled, just when a dealer sees a car they are to check rear disc condition and repalce under warranty if scored, mine have a pronounced lip , TBH I thought it was my driving.....

I need to check the Oil life thing too as its showing 24% left and I've only done 2950miles, level is good, colour is still good
            I have checked my rear discs as I have taken the wheel to be repaired and there are OK, car was registered Dec 09,

On the oil life, check out post 14 from vxr mothership - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t=90804&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
              I have checked my rear discs as I have taken the wheel to be repaired and there are OK, car was registered Dec 09,

On the oil life, check out post 14 from vxr mothership - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t=90804&page=2
              I am told that cars built after 21/04/10 have different pad material to stop scoring to rear discs, but before this rear pads will be changed up to 30,000 miles only if severe scoring to discs, but discs will not be replaced.

Presumably these cars before 21/04/10 will all end up with scored discs in time.
              Why not replace the pads as soon as possible to prevent this? or owners will end up with big bills for the inevitable disc replacement !!

Comment

They put brand new discs and pads on it, different type of disc and pad compound they told me, car had done 3k miles and rear discs were scrap, all under warranty, my car was built in late Jan as far as I can tell,

If it helps it was pentagon in southampton they did it without any asking from me
                Shiny discs now ready bedded in for Saturday

Comment

Rear Brakes – Score Marks on Brake Discs

Vehicles:
                  Insignia 2009-2010 All Engines

Complaint:
                  Score marks on rear brake discs.

Cause:
                  Defective brake pads.

Production:
                  New brake pads introduced in production as of VIN W0LGT8EM0A1093399 (21st April 2010).

Remedy:
                  In case of customer complaint the brake pads and brake discs can be replaced.

Note: Scoring has no impact on braking performance.

Note: In cases where the discs show only slight grooving, only the brake pads should be replaced.

The costs for this repair will be covered for vehicles with mileage lower than 18,500 miles
                  The regular warranty procedure will apply

Comment

where do you get all the info on the bullitens?
                    I'm trying to find some for the VXR8 but can't find any

Comment

Working...
                    X