This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't show the Vectra drivers!

Nice to see a Vauxhall getting a good review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiMF0kKcAZQ

Dont show us what ??

CHAVVY !!! - Cheeky ******* Chav... did you see him sat on the boot like a skinny car robbing chav, and he's waring a Rolex imitation... jeeze

... and I bet he didnt have insurance driving that !
    Last edited by spoons; 27 July 2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

that video is pritty good reminded me of the silverstone owners event,,, i coulnd help but keep taking the insignia out on the track
      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post

CHAVVY !!! - Cheeky ******* Chav... did you see him sat on the boot like a skinny car robbing chav, and he's waring a Rolex imitation... jeeze
        Exactly why I said don't show you I get it all the time off the lads in work about my vxr corsa! It does get under the skin even though you know they are just taking the P***.

Got to admit though, the insignia does look nice! I had the elite before I got this corsa and it was a great car....just low on power as I only had the 1.8 petrol. Just hope the vxr or 2.0 turbo is on the specials list when I come to reorder!!!

Comment

The car looks pretty good.
          but how does it compare to the vectra BHP wise ??
          Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
            The car looks pretty good.
            but how does it compare to the vectra BHP wise ??
            vectra 280bhp
            insignia 325bhp
            VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Vectra 1.5 tonne
              Insignia 2.5 tonne
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                vectra 280bhp
                insignia 325bhp
                The insignia guys might not like this but in standard guise the vec is actually slightly quicker on the roll due to it being a LOT lighter. The insignia gets off the line quicker but the Vec is quicker from rolling.

Of course I will concede that the insignia is a better built car as it's newer and should be, what I will say is though IMO the Insignia is a bit boring in standard guise, of course that can change with a few simple mods.

That said in a 2or 3 years I might end up buying one but at the moment I will shortly be going TVR.

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                  Vectra 1.5 tonne
                  Insignia 2.5 tonne
                  Not quite.....

Insignia - Kerb weight: 1810kg
                  Vectra - Kerb weight: 1580kg

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                    The insignia guys might not like this but in standard guise the vec is actually slightly quicker on the roll due to it being a LOT lighter. The insignia gets off the line quicker but the Vec is quicker from rolling.

Of course I will concede that the insignia is a better built car as it's newer and should be, what I will say is though IMO the Insignia is a bit boring in standard guise, of course that can change with a few simple mods.

That said in a 2or 3 years I might end up buying one but at the moment I will shortly be going TVR.
                    I agree with what Neil says, I had a Stage 1 Vectra and it was awesome. We now have an Insignia, bought it at Stage 2 and now Stage 3 and it is the better car but have heard that Standard they are a little underwhelming.
                    Found it quite a bit bigger than the Vectra to drive but have got used to it now. The 4WD is a big improvement on FWD and the interior is much improved.

Comment

I have driven the insignia in standard guise around track, almost every trim level saloon and estate models,

Even as standard they are phenomenal round track and are very capable, build quality is phenomenal too, love the grunt from the pipes, 4wd setup works very well and you feel part of the car, it goes where you want it to go, and even on its limit the car holds whatever line you take,

I don't see the vec anywhere near the class of the insignia, but I love the roughness of the vec, and I think I have mine setup nicely for what i want it to do,
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree. I love my Veccy, but nearly bought an Insignia this year - instead I got an RS Focus.

But in a year or two, I think the Veccy will be replaced with an Insignia.

A nice white one, or maybe blue, or perhaps red.........
                        Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Comment

thats guys just going out of his way to slag off vauxhall what a tail end

Comment

Originally posted by Sootie600 View Post
                            thats guys just going out of his way to slag off vauxhall what a tail end
                            Who? Me?!? Why am I slagging off VX?! I own a Veccy VXR and intend to get an Insignia in the near future?!
                            Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Comment

Think he means the guy in the video mate
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X