This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitch with the Sat Nav DVD800

I have discovered that when entering any address on the other side of the Channel, you are taken via the ferry at Dover. The Nav wont use the Eurotunnel at all.

Ticking the relevant boxes in the config settings to either avoid ferries or avoid tunnels makes no difference to the route.

I wonder if there is an update to the hardware/software available?

It used to work ok on the CD70 set up on the Astra just fine.

Also the max 2.00 GB capicity on the car hardware is insufficient to load GB plus France plus Switzerland plus Italy, meaning you have to remove one of the previous to load the last. Not very convienent when this not only takes a long time but also means having to take the CD with you, and then to reload back again.
    At least on the Astra CD70, with seperate discs it was simple and quick, even if you did have to take the discs with you.

Looks like some work required from Vauxhall on this one.

What version of the DVD do you have, what year is it. I will check tomorrow for you.

You do not have to upload the countries to the internal memory, you can leave the dvd in the slot and it will read the information from the DVD. This does mean that you can not use the DVD for playing music.

I have made a copy of the dvd, so use this is the car so not worried if it gets scratched etc.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 3 August 2010, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
      What version of the DVD do you have, what year is it. I will check tomorrow for you.

You do not have to upload the countries to the internal memory, you can leave the dvd in the slot and it will read the information from the DVD. This does mean that you can not use the DVD for playing music.

I have made a copy of the dvd, so use this is the car so not worried if it gets scratched etc.
      Hi,
      The DVD is Navteq Europe DVD 800 Version 2009/2010, which I think is the latest, it came with the car, registered end of march.

I didnt realise it could be used without downloading, good idea to make a copy.
      I'll be interested to know if you have tunnel/ferry problem - I think the vehicle memory should be larger to cope.

Comment

Talked to Navteq and they are aware of this issue. It affects any Navteq disc. The ferry is read as the car transport , whereas the tunnel is seen as the rail transport, so it seems to default to the ferry.
        But I've recently drivine over using the tunnel and when you get to the tunnel terminal it snaps onto the tunnel route. So they're looking at it for next series.

As mentioned leave the disc in , or if you want to use old fashioned CDs load up the UK and destination country only and you'll get main roads to your destination and detailed roads when in the country.

Stu

Comment

Working...
        X