This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr dump valve

has any tuning company developed a dump valve yet for the vxr so you can hear it.

HKS SSQV sounds great. Very loud.

Comment

yeah but will that fit straigh onto an insignia vxr?

Comment

Why ?

Comment

what do you mean why?? nothing better than actually hearing you turbo when giving it some through the town

Comment

not many ppl on here like the dv and im one them after at a roling road day because a guy had a bailys dv on his astra gsi itt was down 100bhp+ on power ... it make 98bhp ,,, all because of a dv fail

they dont wrk well with vxrs
            VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

reallly that bad?? i would just like to hear a little whoosh, courtenaysport said the insignia dv is really strong and the car has to have a recirc valve, maybe once someone develops a proper induction system for it you should hear it through the car then

Comment

Put the Miltek Exhaust on then you'll hear the car and not be bothered about a DV.

Comment

forgue re circ valve will replace standard re circ valve and make it a little louder but if you get a pre cat down pipe for the exhaust you will get louder wush with standard re circ,,,

my meriva only mod i have is pre cat down pipe and since then i get a wush mainly from 1s to 2nd and 2nd t 3rd
                  VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by Kylestocks View Post
                    what do you mean why?? nothing better than actually hearing you turbo when giving it some through the town
                    I am with you on this but as been said in this thread no has over come the
                    issue of conforming with the management of the vxr
                    When I was looking for a new car the first thing I wanted was a turbo just so I could put a dump valve on I think they sound awesome but allass I bought the wrong car lol
                    At least as things stand at the moment
                    Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Right, the bad news,

No tuner will design a DV for this engine, tuner don't like them, probably as much as most people on here,

Right the technical news,

The fact there is no DV available is due to this engine dumps itself, so in essence you will be dumping twice, which equals loss in power, once you understand this 2.8t lump you will know this

That's not saying it can't be done tho but that's your choice,
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
                        I am with you on this but as been said in this thread no has over come the
                        issue of conforming with the management of the vxr
                        When I was looking for a new car the first thing I wanted was a turbo just so I could put a dump valve on I think they sound awesome but allass I bought the wrong car lol
                        At least as things stand at the moment
                        Trust me you would grow tired of if very quickly. I put one on my Astra GSI when I first brought it because I thought it was cool and for the first few weeks it was - after that it just got annoying.

Didn't even both with one of my Hawkeye STI Impreza because of the detremental effect on performance.

Do yourself a favour and leave the standard recirc valve alone and just enjoy blitzing the chav's in their dump valve enabled Focus's and Scoobys.

Comment

hmm i had a tt with a forge dump valve and with a simota induction kit it sounded the nuts, so now i got my vx with a turbo im sure someone will make one for it, can you get a forge dv for the insignia then??

Comment

Originally posted by Kylestocks View Post
                            hmm i had a tt with a forge dump valve and with a simota induction kit it sounded the nuts, so now i got my vx with a turbo im sure someone will make one for it, can you get a forge dv for the insignia then??
                            I believe there are not dump values for the Insignia VXR, and I very doubt any one will produce one as it is not that sort of car that you would add one. Also the demand will not exist for one.

Comment

when i think of it i suppose its not the sort of car to stick one on, the car sounds awesome anyway i love the v6. people are supprised to see such a lump of a car move so quick

Comment

Working...
                              X