This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issues?

does anyone here know if VX have been having issues with clutches in the insignia range?

the car has done 3000 miles and the clutch is badley slipping in second gear under heavy acceleration.
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

I have the SRI 2.0T, has been spot on before and after my remap. Not heard of any other reports. Get it back to the dealer mate.

Comment

any other guys had issues?
      Tech2 Diagnostics
      Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

I've done just under 1000 miles in mine and as yet had no problems.

Comment

I had one for ten months and never had a single problem with it...I miss the insignia and will probably get another one early next year. You can't beat the ride comfort and that massive boot In a vxr corsa at the moment so it's a huge difference

Comment

Nope there are no reported issues on the clutch. I'd take it straight to the dealer for investgation.

Stu

Comment

my clutch has started slipping under load, done 7000 miles.....

Comment

There have been some rumours of clutches going after a remap due to too much boost at low revs

Unless I guess someone can come on and say its them it will stay rumour, mine has slipped a bit once after I rode it a bit in traffic the other day but I think any car would if you got the clutch hot enough
                The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

Comment

just to let you guys know. is it normal to have black soot/oil on the clutch face? i think it was oil as it made your fingers slippy
                  Tech2 Diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
                    just to let you guys know. is it normal to have black soot/oil on the clutch face? i think it was oil as it made your fingers slippy
                    Thats not normal the clutch face should be dry. u might get some clutch dust. Is this on a Insignia VXR? or the Astra in your sig?

Comment

na an insignia. the face did feel oily
                      Tech2 Diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

Vauxhall Insignia 2009 Only 3886 miles
                        I have been driving for 47 years and driven most types of cars. I have always treated my vehicles with respect. Broke down on the road and the RAC guy informed me that the clutch had burnt out. Never have I burnt out a clutch. At 3886 miles this seems absurd. Towed to the local Vauxhall Dealership who stated that, unless a mechanical fault can be proven, the repair will be my responsibility. Is this reasonable? Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is it possible that the clutch assembly was frozen during the recent cold spell? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by noel123 View Post
                          I have been driving for 47 years and driven most types of cars. I have always treated my vehicles with respect. Broke down on the road and the RAC guy informed me that the clutch had burnt out. Never have I burnt out a clutch. At 3886 miles this seems absurd. Towed to the local Vauxhall Dealership who stated that, unless a mechanical fault can be proven, the repair will be my responsibility. Is this reasonable? Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is it possible that the clutch assembly was frozen during the recent cold spell? Any advice would be really appreciated.

im hoping this is just the normal procedure with rules on warrenty and modifying cars tightens up. In your case it appears you have alot of experience on your side and i hope that common sense prevails

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by noel123 View Post
                            Vauxhall Network Q covers the clutch

Comment

replied to your PM
                              Tech2 Diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X