This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better hope you don't need spares.

3rd July was a bad day. I spun when booting out of the car wash and bashed the front wheel. The rim was scuffed but that was OK and repairable. What wasn't OK was the nearside suspension being knocked out of alignment.

I left it into the dealer's repair facility and it's been there ever since, waiting for parts. They managed to get a lower wishbone assembly, which took three weeks, but that still didn't straighten it so they ordered an entire front knuckle. This was scheduled for delivery today, but never arrived. They now advise there is no scheduled date for delivery of this component. Translated, this means it could take a week or it could take months; they have no indication from Vauxhall as to when parts will be available.

Now I'm willing to bet that the VXR and OPC production lines aren't sitting idle because there's no stock available. I've raised an official complaint about this scandalous lack of spares for a current production vehicle. It's not as if the suspension components are made by political prisoners in North Korea for cryin' out loud.

So I have to wait. I can rant and rave, but it won't change anything. I'll see what my official complaint produces in terms of a response but all I've got so far is the promise of a loan car: a Peugeot 207!

AJG
    Last edited by AJG; 11 August 2010, 02:48 PM.
    AJG

http://www.croziergreen.com

Isn't the front suspension (Hiperstrut) unique to the VXR therefore isn't as widely available as the suspension for the standard car? That probably does nothing to alleviate your frustration but maybe it's just bad luck that you needed that particular part replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
      Isn't the front suspension (Hiperstrut) unique to the VXR ?
      Yes it is. In fact I was surprised to see so much alluminium alloy used in the suspension components; but that's no excuse. VXRs and OPCs aren't built to order. They are production line variants and, being built on a modern production line means Just in Time supply from component manufacturers. Now, no component manufacturer is going to tool up to supply just one item for yours truly but somebody, somewhere in GM has reduced stockholding to below a critical level. This results in a shortage. It's down to poor management and cutting the cost of stock to levels that have a direct effect on customer service.

That isn't what I signed up for.

AJG
      AJG

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
          PM Sent
          You boys are on the ball today,
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
            You boys are on the ball today,
            Someone has to be

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
              Someone has to be
              Well since your all being so generous will you grant my car to be fixed for free then?
              sigpic

Comment

dougie to the rescue.

wearing your superman shirt today?

Comment

Next time it would be advisable to take care when leaving car washes . Hope you get sorted soon

Comment

If it was Waynes car wash I'd sue them

Comment

Originally posted by DavieK View Post
                      Next time it would be advisable to take care when leaving car washes . Hope you get sorted soon
                      £30k and you put it through a car wash. Enough said.............you'll wash it by hand from now on..
                      Last edited by KAZ 66; 11 August 2010, 03:20 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by KAZ 66 View Post
                        £30k and you put it through a car wash. Enough said.............you'll wash it by hand from now on..
                        Allow me to correct the first line of my thread..." As I was making a brisk exit from the forecourt of my Valet Service...."

Agree with you KAZ: I never use an automated car wash- they're like belt sanders.

AJG
                        AJG

Comment

Originally posted by DavieK View Post
                          Still hugely embarrassed and puzzled by the whole episode. I've been driving mid range performance cars for years and it's the first time I've got close to doing donuts....from a standing start
                          AJG

Comment

Originally posted by AJG View Post
                            Allow me to correct the first line of my thread..." As I was making a brisk exit from the forecourt of my Valet Service...."

Agree with you KAZ: I never use an automated car wash- they're like belt sanders.

AJG
                            Thank God for that. I had thoughts of you taking it through a Car Wash. Hope you get it sorted soon. BTW there is a complete (new) suspension leg on Ebay from a dealer. Not sure what side, may be worth a look.

Comment

That's bull, after a model has finished they carry original spares to last 10 years! Don't ask me how they work out what they will need for those 10 years, but they do!!! I work for GM and saw all the old astra bits being taken away for storage

So there is no way they don't know when they can get hold of parts!

Comment

Working...
                              X