X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got pics of Lowered VXR ?

Hi folks,
    Picking up my 10 plate white 5dr VXR on Monday and already looking at modifying the car with a stg 1 map and lowering springs.

Does anyone have their VXR lowered and have any pics they can share and also has the comfort level been harmed at all ?

Looking at Eibachs and the EDS map at the moment but that may all change with input from you guys who have already made mods

Thanks in advance
    Kevin

Errrr 5 door VXR? Are you sure?

Comment

Ignore my post lol I didnt see the Insignia bit

Comment

Originally posted by S18DMW View Post
        Ignore my post lol I didnt see the Insignia bit
        Lol I was gunna say

Comment

Mine's is lowered and it does not affect the ride comfort at all. Don't have any pics of mine but if you look on Thorney's website you will see his Black one on Eibachs. Mine is at Stage 3 at the moment and in my opinion well worth it. Good luck with yours......

Comment

Jeez, quick reply's

Just off the phone to Chris at Regal and we talked for a bit about the EDS software map. One thing in particular that i found interesting was about the boost not being too aggressive until after 3000 RPM to save the haldex clutch. He mentioned the Thorney map is very aggressive with boost much lower down which has already resulted in very early clutch failures. This may be a sales pitch but sounds credible after owning a VW golf edition 30 mapped up, it mashed the DMF pretty quickly.

Think i am sold on the eibachs though

Comment

Toffee,
              Think there is any chance you could take a couple pics of your car and post them up so i can see how the stance looks, would be very much appreciated

Kev

Comment

The Wife is at work in it at the moment but I will ask her to take some later and get them posted............by the way I have sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by subaru26675 View Post
                  Jeez, quick reply's

Just off the phone to Chris at Regal and we talked for a bit about the EDS software map. One thing in particular that i found interesting was about the boost not being too aggressive until after 3000 RPM to save the haldex clutch. He mentioned the Thorney map is very aggressive with boost much lower down which has already resulted in very early clutch failures. This may be a sales pitch but sounds credible after owning a VW golf edition 30 mapped up, it mashed the DMF pretty quickly.

Think i am sold on the eibachs though
                  I would take what each turner says about each turner with a pinch of salt, you should ring them and ask them questions.

Not sure that TMS have mapped many cars, but there are a few running stage 3

Comment

Steven, you're being too modest...

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=93792

your previous post with pics of yours after you had it lowered

Kevin,
                    why are you thinking Regal, you'll get asked before long on here as with Thorney they do keep the warranty intact (although its more complicated than that but for ease their mods are still covered)

personally I went with REGAL, too close to my work not to in the end and I was to impatient to get myself up to MK.

If you are close to Southampton then I'll give you a spin in mine, its got the EDS map and is featured on their blog, and through the link in my Sig line,

I've got the Eibachs too, in fact a spare set Toffee had hanging around....
                    loads of pics of it on here somewhere from my track time at the Castle Combe day but I thought easier to post the link to the original and probably the most modded insignia on here so a good starter for you...

I bet you can't wait until your arrives
                    Last edited by DMVXR; 1 September 2010, 10:10 PM.
                    The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

Comment

Thanks for putting the link up, you have saved me a job. How are your developments going?

Comment

Forgot we had taken these photos.
                        Would recomment the Thorney map, have not heard any problems with the clutch.
                        Kaz

Comment

I've not had anything done yet, I had a week in the US then 10 days in France since Castle Combe so no chance to get myself over to REGAL,

I popped in today and the bigger Turbo is due next month......
                          The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

Comment

Cheers guys,

Spoke to Tony at Thorney today, he tells me the stg 1 software will be available next week on the bluefin handset so am going down that route as I am up in aberdeen, comes in at £499. Picking car up on Monday, cant wait to be the envy of the street

Comment

Working...
                            X