This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a vxr8 to the insignia vxr

Hi all think of getting rid of my vxr8 and getting the insignia vxr. Has anyone on here done that if so i would like to know your views please .

Hi John I've not had a VXR8 but I own a Insignia VXR saloon, and it's a fantastic car. Looks the part on the road very rare not many about. It's quick handles very well and really comfy.

Very practical as a family car with loads of room and power LOL... Comes fully loaded with all the Toys if you do choose one mate make sure it has the 20" alloys these make the car look awesome.

Keep us updated on your search,
    Good luck.
    Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Comment

Yes I've done it. Had Stage 3 Astra, Stage I Vectra, Stage 1 VXR8 and now a Stage 3 Insignia. This is by far the best. In both looks and refinement. You won't regret it, just make sure you get it mapped, without it it's under powered. Enjoy...

Comment

Must confess I did have a look at the Insignia when on the look out for my next car. £20k for a year old seemed good. However, I couldn't help but feel that 2.8T V6 vs 6.2 V8 wasn't much of a contest, despite the fact that it does look pretty lush on the 20" wheels.
        sigpic
        Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Not sure I would do it. I have a Cv8 Monaro which is by far the quicker car and has more 'soul'. I would compare the Insignia to a high end German car which I guess it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
            Must confess I did have a look at the Insignia when on the look out for my next car. £20k for a year old seemed good. However, I couldn't help but feel that 2.8T V6 vs 6.2 V8 wasn't much of a contest, despite the fact that it does look pretty lush on the 20" wheels.
            What contest are you talking about? My Insignia is faster than my 8 was and handles a lot better, especially in the wet. The only thing I miss is the V8 rumble with the Wortec Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
              2.8T V6 against 6.2 V8 but only .5 of a second to 60 between them...

Comment

Hi mate just ordered my insignia vxr, what company did u use for stage 3? and what sort of power are u seeing??

Comment

Originally posted by xtrem3x View Post
                  2.8T V6 against 6.2 V8 but only .5 of a second to 60 between them...
                  The difference is above 60. At the power events last year I tested the insignia on the 1/4 mile and my reaction at the third to fourth change was that it was 'gutless'. It did not stop me buying one though but I was not comparing it to the 'R8 or Monaro.

Comment

Originally posted by john i View Post
                    Hi all think of getting rid of my vxr8 and getting the insignia vxr. Has anyone on here done that if so i would like to know your views please .
                    I'm considering going the other way as I've had my Insignia for 12 mths now and I need a change? Fancy discussing a deal?
                    Bluefin Stage 1

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee VXR View Post
                      What contest are you talking about? My Insignia is faster than my 8 was and handles a lot better, especially in the wet. The only thing I miss is the V8 rumble with the Wortec Exhaust.
                      I just think if one is looking for something more refined and a bit tamer then one should be moving over to the premium German brands. If one is looking for the complete antithesis of them then the the R8 is your motor. For me, the Insignia falls between two stools.
                      sigpic
                      Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Working...
                      X