This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressure Monitor

Each time I turn my ignition on, I get the warning "check front right tyre pressure". So I go to the display and it's showing exactly the same as the front left (between 31 and 35 depending on temperature) and it is exactly the same as the front left having checked at 2 petrol stations.

So I'm guessing it's a system fault. Any idea how to cancel it, or is it a visit to the dealer?
    Bluefin Stage 1

Sooty
    Have it checked out mate, just going back to your pressure I thought it was 39psi at the front and 36psi in the rears. That's what I'm running on and it's stated in the handbook.
    Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Comment

Does the TPMS come as standard on the Insignia VXR?
      sigpic

Comment

If it's the correct pressure for the tyre then probably the tpms and there not too cheap to replace and retune, I had a system on my Megane Renault sport and was nothing but a pain, Evan changing the tyres you need to be careful because the valve can corrode onto the sensor if the wrong valve is used then it's a new tpms and they were over £100 for the tpms not programmed to the car, just another pain, hope it don't give u to much hassle

Comment

Originally posted by Baz07 View Post
          Does the TPMS come as standard on the Insignia VXR?
          Yes

Comment

You should have 39 front and 36 rear. No wonder it's warning you.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrem3x View Post
              You should have 39 front and 36 rear. No wonder it's warning you.
              That's hot, I assume?

Wonder why it's not warning me about the front left one.
              Bluefin Stage 1

Comment

all tyre pressures are measured cold mate
                Tech2 Diagnostics
                Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Why would it be measured hot, check them cold and at the pressure stated in the manual and as the guys above have mentioned. Its a heavy car and its supprting a big v6 hence the high pressure. Im suprised you have'nt damaged a wheel or anything with the terrible potholes that are around.
                  Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo1985 View Post
                    Why would it be measured hot
                    Cos most of the time they are hot, so it's important to know what they should be at that temperature. If you say 39psi when cold, that could be -15 degrees or plus 30 degrees, depending when and where you check them.

39psi cold would be around 43psi when the tyres are hot. That's higher than anything I've ever heard of, so am not convinced I'll be pumping them up that hard.
                    Bluefin Stage 1

Comment

Vectras are 42psi on the front and 38psi on the rear, thats a higher pressure so its not un-heard of.

You asked a question and a few of us have told you what the tyres should be set at. Tyres pressure should be checked when cold, this is coming from an ex vag technician and breakdown technician.

If you dont trust what we are saying or believe us go and read your owners manual. Its your tyres, wheels and suspension that will feel it when you hit a hole with an underinflated tyre.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo1985 View Post
                        You asked a question and a few of us have told you what the tyres should be set at. Tyres pressure should be checked when cold, this is coming from an ex vag technician and breakdown technician.

Ex because you were sacked because of your attitude? I asked a civil question and got many civil answers. But then you start responding with your demeaning attitude.

I asked whether hot or cold as I'm used to checking tyres for trackdays or racing, and these pressures are always discussed when at operating temperature, as it's the most accurate and consistent way of checking them.

Where do I say I don't believe the answers? I just said I doubt I'll be pumping my tyres up that hard.
                        Bluefin Stage 1

Comment

Ex because there's better jobs out there.

I apologise if I jumped the gun, if your happy with doing it your way that's all that matters.

Comment

if your used to track pressure surely you must have seen high pressures in tyres before.

if your tyres are xl rated then you should be maintaining the recommended higher pressure otherwise the tyre will not be able to carry its intended weight/load correctly

Comment

Working...
                            X