X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel castrated

I bit the bullet and traded my VXR in

You may already know the back story, My misses was made redundant about 2 weeks before she was eligible to claim maturity leave for our new daughter, this means approx 9 months of only my income. On paper everything adds up but in reality running the VXR is too much and means cutting out some luxuries. It's unfair that the family gets no luxuries while I cruise around in a £20k car

I was looking at Vectra VXR's etc as I knew I'd miss the speed but in the end I decided if I'm going to downgrade I may as well do it properly & the Vectra would have the same running costs. So, I was given £17k trade in and now have a Lexus IS 220D. Yep, a 2.2 litre oil burner. 2006 plate for £6.5k, full service history and almost every option that can be added (including keyless entry & start etc). It's not too bad but it was the right thing to do.

I'll still post on the forums as an ex-VXR owner and if I get the promotion I'm after then I'll definitely be getting the Insignia again. It's been an awesome 7 months and I plan to be driving one again within the next 2 years.

Sorry to hear that things have not gone to plan but good on you for biting the bullet, we all love cars and speed but life is far more important than that and your family come 1st

Keep popping in and I'm sure your luck will come good and you'll be back in a car of your choice soon enough - best of luck with the promotion

Astra

Comment

sorry to hear of your situation- keep the head up and hope you get the promotion your after, youll be back.....

Comment

Thats a shame mate, you made the right decision though family comes first. Wont be long before your back in a VXR
        Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Someone actually took my advice?!?

Only kidding - you've done the right thing for your situation at this moment. Nice car you've chosen there as well. Get it remapped and you will be even happier with it.
          Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Comment

Originally posted by thehulkster699 View Post
            Someone actually took my advice?!?

Only kidding - you've done the right thing for your situation at this moment. Nice car you've chosen there as well. Get it remapped and you will be even happier with it.
            You can get these remapped?

Comment

Sort of - most tuners do not list Lexus as a tuning option. But there are tuning box's available.

http://www.dieseltuner.co.uk/lexus.html

Might be worth a look?
              Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Comment

Originally posted by thehulkster699 View Post
                Sort of - most tuners do not list Lexus as a tuning option. But there are tuning box's available.

http://www.dieseltuner.co.uk/lexus.html

Might be worth a look?
                Nice one, I have emailed them asking for a fitting guide to see how easy it is
                God I miss my VXR lol

Comment

sorry to hear you got rid of the vxr, i have something of a similar problem (the wife wont drive mine ) as shes scared something might happen it in car parks etc,she wants me to sell my mr2 t bar and buy her something smaller,what should i do. i thought about a bike lol

Comment

Originally posted by xtrem3x View Post
                    Nice one, I have emailed them asking for a fitting guide to see how easy it is
                    God I miss my VXR lol

Xtreme3x I'm really peed off for your mate, can't believe you've sold it. You just paid out for new rubbers as well let's just hope you get your promotion and come back.
                    Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Comment

Sorry to hear the situation. Hope ite works itself out and you get back in a VXR.

Comment

sorry to hear this mate but family always come first

Comment

Sorry to hear mate, sucks

We're in the same situation atm - missus got made redundant(ish - long story lol) 2 weeks ago and was only there 6 months.

For your info though, my Mum's said (and she's usually clued up about these things tbh) that you can actually claim maternity pay (statutory - presuming it's just that you meant) even though you're just on Job Seekers Allowance. So if you meant your missus had been there less than 2 years then she should be able to get that (poxy £123ish a week). If she'd been there over 2 years then she's probably getting that amount anyway so makes no difference - if so ignore this waffle lol
                          VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Over the past 20 years we've found cars come and go with the financial tide.

My mates and I have had some really wicked ace cars, and then ended up in temporary rust buckets, and then got ace cars again. Its just life.

Makes you appreciate what you get next... and the next performance car is ALWAYS better than the last

Enjoy looking forward to the next one

Comment

Hi xtrem3x, really sorry you had to sell the car mate, but echoing the senitment in the other posts, you absolutely did the right thing, nothing more important than family. Just owning a VXR even for a short time is a special experiance, and if there is any truth in Karma then you did the right thing and will be rewarded, maybe with another VXR, fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X