This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underside

Anyone have any detailed pics of the under carriage of the insignia vxr?
    sigpic

Are these okay?

Comment

Nice pictures Superbee......wondered what mine looked like underneath as it's that low you can't see much.

Thanks for the great pictures.

Mark.
      Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Comment

Spot on fella, that's excellent, now to find one for breaking
        sigpic

Comment

What you up to? If VX don't sort my Brakes mine will be breaking as it won't stop !!!!

Comment

I can't divulge just yet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
              I can't divulge just yet
              Well, I would guess that your after the 4 wheel drive layout.. lol

I cant believe how small the rear drive shaft is going through alongside the exhaust. Its so small you cant even see it in some pictures.

So could this be transferred onto the Vectra VXR then ?

Comment

With a bit of effort, chopping and welding I'm sure it can be achieved, as in what's involved I'd need to work they out, may require gearbox or something, there are a few company's out there that would do this but at a cost of 20k its hardly worth it, but this is food for thought

And yea I was surprised by how small it all is too lol, would sit nice right up the middle of our floorplan too
                sigpic

Comment

With a bit of effort, chopping and welding I'm sure it can be achieved, as in what's involved I'd need to work they out, may require gearbox or something, there are a few company's out there that would do this but at a cost of 20k its hardly worth it, but this is food for thought

And yea I was surprised by how small it all is too lol, would sit nice right up the middle of our floorplan too
                  I reckon it would be a HUGE project. All the rear suspension, transmission, diffs, god knows what else. Vauxhall did all this for us anyway and called it the Insignia VXR project You can buy them now for £16-18k and will be even cheaper next year.

Thats the way to go if you want 4x4

I'm interested in Phantom Black supercharged VXR8's at the moment...
                  Last edited by spoons; 23 June 2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Defeats the purpose of modding tho,
                    sigpic

Comment

Defeats the purpose of modding tho,
                      lol, yes you're right there.

Having a 4 wheel drive Vectra VXR would certainly get peoples interest at car shows, including me

... and then you could start the 500 BHP conversion to sweeten the package

Comment

Working...
                      X