This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun in the sun

I'm sitting looking out over Lake Annecy and it's 29C. Drove down in the VXR, all the way from Nor'n Ir'n. 1071 Miles @ 61.2 MPH average and 28.2 MPG. Here for a week then over to Lake Como in Italy. I expect we'll cover about 3,500 miles by the time I return home.

The car hasn't missed a beat and that includes over 200 miles non stop, at just under the ton. Took ages to get the fly squash off!! I'll post some pics soon.
    AJG

http://www.croziergreen.com

Sounds like one hell of a road trip mate.

Lucky git
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
      Sounds like one hell of a road trip mate.

Lucky git
      Tesco vouchers

We saved up a year's worth and that paid for the 2 x ferry crossings and cabins. Got it booked just befor they cut the ratio down from 4 to 3 with Stena. After that it's just about knowing where to book decent apartments with private parking. The drive is part of the fun; it's when the car is really in its element, after all. (along with the driver
      AJG

Comment

Originally posted by AJG View Post
        Tesco vouchers

We saved up a year's worth and that paid for the 2 x ferry crossings and cabins. Got it booked just befor they cut the ratio down from 4 to 3 with Stena. After that it's just about knowing where to book decent apartments with private parking. The drive is part of the fun; it's when the car is really in its element, after all. (along with the driver
        Even better then

Belfast is about as far as ive been in the car

110 mile round trip
        sigpic

Comment

Happy days enjoy mate

Comment

hi Andy sounds great mate hope your having nice time, good to hear the beast is doing well on long runs. How much is the fuel out there. Be good to see some pics mate, ENJOY..................
            Last edited by Markbr; 27 June 2011, 05:32 AM.
            Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Comment

We drove thru Spain, the Vixer was just amazin never a worry she just kept going and ask for something to drink every now n then what a pleasurable car to do long distance with..

Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey can't wait to see the pics...

Comment

Originally posted by Markbr View Post
                hi Andy sounds great mate hope your having nice time, good to hear the beast is doing well on long runs. How much is the fuel out there. nice to see some pics mate, ENJOY..................
                You don't wann'a know about fuel prices. Cheapest was Luxembourg where 98 octane was 1Euro31 per litre. In France it's 1Euro63 for 98
                AJG

Comment

Good to hear you are using it,

Mines been to st tropez and Cannes last summer and the alps in jan, it's so nice to cruise in, and FUN when you get there,

Not many insignia opc in France or most of Europe from what I saw, I reckon you'll get a few thumbs up from the locals

The 98 prices are crazy there, and shell garages are outnumbered 3-1 by Total garages selling that excellium junk

Are you doing the mont blanc tunnel to get to the Italian lakes or one of the alpine passes?

Worth taking the extra time to go the scenic route
                  The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

Comment

Originally posted by DMVXR View Post
                    Are you doing the mont blanc tunnel to get to the Italian lakes or one of the alpine passes?

Worth taking the extra time to go the scenic route
                    Depending on when you hit it, the Mont Blanc Tunnel can take longer than going over the pass. On busy week ends the average is two hours just for the last 20 Kms before the tunnel entrance. We'll be moving on the first Saturday in July. I reckon I'll head through Bourg St Maurice.
                    AJG

Comment

I'd agree, there are some great roads round there, my thoughts too were to avoid the straight line route through the Big Tunnels and go across higher up

I'm more than a little envious sat here looking at my car sat in a carpark in the middle of an industrial estate, I can only imagine how nice it'll be waking up to Lake Annecy today,

enjoy
                      The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

Comment

Hi Folks

I said I'd post a few pics. I've spent the last hour trying to set up the links from Flickr and have given up in disgust. Flickr is now a pile of crap thanks to all the improvements they've made. I'll never use it again. So, on to Photobucket.

As I said in my previous post, part of the difficulty in finding a good holiday appartment is making sure it comes with secure parking

Well that's pretty secure. CCTV coverage and electronic gates within a locked off compound. The view is pretty good too

Finally managed to get the bug squash off the front. What do these flies eat over here? Evo-Stik?

The view that most people have been getting on my drive down. One of the few cars I didn't buzz was an Aston Martin V12 Vantage on the approach to Annecy. I slowed way down to let him past and then tucked in behind. I guess a swap was out of the question.

Finally, a view from the balcony

I'll post a few more as I go along. Hopefully some Nordschliefe ones in a few weeks.
                        AJG

Comment

Andy it looks breathtaking mate, thanks for the update. Good to see the VXR in the pics. Weather looks fantastic enjoy and we look forward to the next update.
                          Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Comment

lovely pics, stunning car what more could you want!
                            Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

Comment

great pics, view is amazing, have a great time.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X