X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markbr
    replied
    My old discs Dan looked F••ked believe me they were lipped and scored and pads were on the limits.
    I took the pictures as they looked cool when new.

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Ha ha guys actually I took the pictures the next day I had them fitted, which was about 6 weeks ago.

I took it to 135mph today wiped out 9 cars in a row.
    Me and wife were slammed in the seats from the take off.

Leave a comment:

• Super Bee
    replied
    Yeah Mark, these disks and tires all look like new, you should drive your car from time to time

Leave a comment:

• DMVXR
    replied
    Those really are new Mark,

Although,

sorry, i just don't believe those are on an insignia

There's no scoring, pronounced lip on the discs or heat pouring off them

Go on go out and drive it 'till they look like proper insignia brakes

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Andy here are a few pics of my discs when they were fitted 6 weeks ago.

And the rear discs

my VXR
    Last edited by Markbr; 16 July 2011, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Originally posted by AJG View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what happens. If you look at Super Bee's thread you'll see the pics. I had exactly the same problem with the vent holes blocking up. I blew them clear with the air compressor for inflating the tyres but that lasted less than half a lap. Not a good advertisement for Brembo, but then I reckon they designed the brakes according to a brief that specified the final car would be a lot lighter.
    Yeah I see Super bee's discs and mine looked the same: hence day to day normal driving for me...... You can see how blocked the holes are and the scoring from heat and discolour. I've said in a previous thread on here about brakes, VX have now extended the mileage on all Insignia VXR's from 19k to 22k. When mine were all changed about 6 weeks ago I've been told they are now under warranty for 22K.

Must say they look awesome when new.

Leave a comment:

• AJG
    replied
    Originally posted by Markbr View Post
    I think the holes in the front discs are blocking up with brake dust and overheating, causing these issues and that's just from normal day to day driving. .
    Yep, that's exactly what happens. If you look at Super Bee's thread you'll see the pics. I had exactly the same problem with the vent holes blocking up. I blew them clear with the air compressor for inflating the tyres but that lasted less than half a lap. Not a good advertisement for Brembo, but then I reckon they designed the brakes according to a brief that specified the final car would be a lot lighter.

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Yeah I see the Red Corsa overtake and I was saying to myself while watching it " go on Andy thrash past him LOL "

There is definitely an issue with the Brembo's I had all my brakes changed last month front and rear discs and pads under warranty. I think the holes in the front discs are blocking up with brake dust and overheating, causing these issues and that's just from normal day to day driving. Let alone racing ( as what these high performance cars are made for ).

Leave a comment:

• AJG
    replied
    Thanks Andy for that.

Thank you for sharing that with us it was great Really enjoyed it. This thread has been great so far and with a video at the end of the road trip topped it off.

How fast was you going on the track and how much petrol had you used in that 4 mins. Was you full ??? And was the vxr button on the whole lap.
    Hi Mark

Well, the fastest I hit was 125 MPH on the section just after the little red Corsa with the white stripe, passed me

I used just under half a tank on the four laps but I didn't re-set the fuel average, so I reckon it was about 3 MPG on the lap.

The VXR button was off for the first lap, which was really just a sighting lap, and my wife was in the car so we were taking it easy. Shame really as that was the only clear lap of the four with a time of 11:38.

The fastest overall was lap three with a time of 11:10 but part of that was tooling around at 45MPH with the front left hand brake caliper jammed on.

I'm going to get the Brembos replaced under warranty at the next service.

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Thanks Andy for that.

Thank you for sharing that with us it was great Really enjoyed it. This thread has been great so far and with a video at the end of the road trip topped it off.

How fast was you going on the track and how much petrol had you used in that 4 mins. Was you full ??? And was the vxr button on the whole lap.

Leave a comment:

• AJG
    replied
    Andy can't see no link on page 4 i see the title but no link ???
    Hi Mark

might be an issue with your web browser but here is the link to cut and paste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2FCHyoP9UY

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Andy can't see no link on page 4 i see the title but no link ???

Leave a comment:

• AJG
    replied
    Andy where is the video mate ???
    Hi Mark

Should be on page 4 of the thread.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_R
    replied
    Flip video being used for some good ive had one about 12 months and hardly ever used it! got it as a present for my 21st.

Leave a comment:

• Markbr
    replied
    Andy where is the video mate ???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X