X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haldex field repair Bulletin

Hi

Does anyone know the service bulletin number for the Haldex Field repair. This is the repair where all the seals are changed in the rear diff and Haldex to prevent the total failure of the system

I have asked my dealer to do the repair as a preventive measure but they have come back with a fluid, filter change and software update but no mention of seal changes!

Thanks for your help in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had tsb 2942 carried out as the field remidy for the Heldex

Comment

Technical Service Bulletin 2942
      Subject: Differential gear - Service rear axle message displayed, DTCs C0403 or C0407 set
      Complaint: Customer notices that "Service Rear Axle" is displayed in driver information display.
      Cause: Rear Differential Module (RDM) electronic Limited-Slip Differential (eLSD) clutch piston seal may leak causing mixed oil in one chamber while the 2nd chamber from the Torque Transfer Device (TTD) runs dry. Insufficient dimensional accuracy of seal ring. DTC 0407(64) set.

Remedy

In case of customer complaint the eLSD clutch piston seal has to be replaced.

Comment

Good info, Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys thank you for the information great help.

Comment

problem with tsb's are they don't have to carry them out unless the criteria is matched otherwise they won't get paid for them.
            If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
            Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

Originally posted by oilysean View Post
              problem with tsb's are they don't have to carry them out unless the criteria is matched otherwise they won't get paid for them.
              Hi Sean

Yes that's correct however I am funding this myself as my car is out of Warranty and none of the third party warranties cover the Channel Islands.

My thinking is pay the lesser of two evils now and save the 4.5k to replace the whole system!

Comment

ahhhhh smart man.
                If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
                Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

Some dealers over here were doing the updates and software flashes at service

Comment

Just had my local dealer come back and quote £640 inc discount to carry out the field repair this includes all seals, fluids, nuts bolts, filters, software flash and labour.

Does that seem good to you guys?

Comment

Sounds cheaper then a new diff!!!!
                      RUN YOUR FINGERS OVER MY CAR ....... AND I'LL RUN MY CAR OVER YOUR FINGERS!

Comment

Haldex field repair Bulletin

Originally posted by Mr Gurn View Post
                        Sounds cheaper then a new diff!!!!
                        Now that is for sure!! 640 vs 4.5k hmmm

All booked in for next week day and a half they say! Including a full service.

Comment

Can you have this field remedy done even if no warning has come up,mine is a2010(nov) 25000 miles,it is having an oil change soon do they have to do it if I ask them or is it only if the message comes up,i have the lifetime warranty as well thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyrose View Post
                            Can you have this field remedy done even if no warning has come up,mine is a2010(nov) 25000 miles,it is having an oil change soon do they have to do it if I ask them or is it only if the message comes up,i have the lifetime warranty as well thankfully.
                            All siggy vxr's made after September 2010 have the upgraded seals so this is not necessary that said a service on the Haldex won't do it any harm. You can use the service bulletin below to help with the items you need oils filters etc It is highly unlikely they will carry out the work with out the codes showing up as VX will not pay for it.

that said you have a lifetime warranty doesn't matter if it fails if inconvenience is put aside

Field Remedy: 2660

Subject: Driver Information Center - Service Rear Axle message displayed, DTC C0403 stored
                            Models: Engines: Option: Insignia 2009...2010 All AWD (All Wheel Drive)
                            Complaint: Service Rear Axle message displayed in the Driver Information Center DTC C0403 symptom code 62 stored in the Rear Differential Clutch Control Module. Cause: DTC may be set due to tolerance deviation of the internal differntial clutch oil filter. Production: Improved parts have been introduced in production as of VIN: W0LGX6EGA1127041 (08 July 2010).

Remedy:

In case of customer complaint replace differential clutch oil filter
                            and reprogram the Rear Differential Clutch Module.

Comment

ta very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X