Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also thinking of having this work done as a preventative measure and while I have a warranty (RAC Platinum) ... Is there a way to tell if this has already been remedied? The previous owner might have already had the error code and had it fixed under VX warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current owner of '15 BMW 5 Series M Sport

Previous owner of Insignia VXR 2.8T V6 4X4 Saloon

Comment

Originally posted by JDX-VXR View Post
      I was also thinking of having this work done as a preventative measure and while I have a warranty (RAC Platinum) ... Is there a way to tell if this has already been remedied? The previous owner might have already had the error code and had it fixed under VX warranty?

When I was looking to purchase a siggy vxr my local VX dealer said they were unable or more likely unwilling to source me a second hand Siggy VXR as they said said the location was an issue (I live in Jersey) Anyway I get on very well with service manager and he said if I find a car that I am interested in send him the reg and vin number and he can look it up and let know all of the work that has been carried out on the car including checking the service stamps etc.

So while a long winded explanation your VX dealer should be able to tell you if any work has been carried out on the car including field repairs etc but only if it was carried out by a vx main dealer!

Comment

Hi Folks as far as i know my haldex hasn't been changed its a 59 plate 18k on clock i've had the car nearly 3 years and my 2 year extended warranty runs out in october, i have not had any dashboard warning or anything but can i request/push for the dealership to carry out under warranty a preventative measure as they now they made not fit for purpose parts on my year of vxr,because there is no way i will pay 800 pound for 1 years warranty that they may even say will not cover the jobs cost, the car is great at the moment no signs of the haldex problems (yet lol),sorry it's a long winded story on a short question.

Comment

My car didn't throw up an error code when the haldex went, the diff and drive-shaft were replaced under warranty without question.
          Vauxhall Insignia VXR 2.8T V6 4X4 VXR SuperSport Nav Saloon 2010 4d

Comment

I contacted my local VX dealer about this and they checked on the Vauxhall system and they said this issue has been closed down for my car. They said they can't see if the repair was done as it wasn't at an Arnold Clark branch but they are of the belief that it must have been carried out and then closed down on the Vauxhall system?

And they basically said they can't investigate anything unless a warning light or message appears etc.

Am I safe for now on the assumption the work has already been done and waiting until an error message appears if it's not been done?

Current owner of '15 BMW 5 Series M Sport

Previous owner of Insignia VXR 2.8T V6 4X4 Saloon

Comment

Originally posted by JDX-VXR View Post
              I contacted my local VX dealer about this and they checked on the Vauxhall system and they said this issue has been closed down for my car. They said they can't see if the repair was done as it wasn't at an Arnold Clark branch but they are of the belief that it must have been carried out and then closed down on the Vauxhall system?

And they basically said they can't investigate anything unless a warning light or message appears etc.

Am I safe for now on the assumption the work has already been done and waiting until an error message appears if it's not been done?

I guess u shouldn't assume anything. Can they tell you the case number or at which dealer it was carried out at. With the case number you could call vx customer service and they maybe able to give you more info.

Last edited by JamesPD1975; 21 June 2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

So my dealer has had my car for 3 days carrying out the field repair and service of the haldex and rear diff as well and annual service. I popped in this morning to see what was happening and they took me into the work shop and showed me my car still in bits, but with the diff and haldex completely rebuild and sitting on the bench ready to go back on. I asked about the metal swarf in the diff oil and haldex fluid levels etc and I was told that everything was fine and that the repair and service did not need to be done but at least going forward there should be no issues.

Going forward I will service the 4 wheel drive every 12k miles or every two years which ever the sooner.

One last bit of advice I had is from my tuner that when in VXR mode turn off the traction control (map written to VXR Button) as this will help stop the torque build up in the rear diff, as the slipping wheel will have the brake applied to it and this could cause issues for the Haldex. Now I have done this since my car was tuned over a year ago and I am running 550 NM Torque and mine is all OK. This could be sound advice or I could be one of the lucky ones.

Car Back Monday and I am one happy bunny

Comment

So if the haldex does go pop now are you covered by vauxhall's parts warranty? (12 months)

Comment

Yes if the failure is down to the new seals and parts fitted then yes it is covered.

Comment

Working...
                    X