This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed

Well, after more than a 15 month battle with VX I have conceded defeat. They have refused any help with improving the condition of my wheels, although the dealership I bought the car from offered me 50% towards the cost of having the wheels refurbed.
    This to me was an admission to the fact these wheels are a problem, and so I fought for full cost with VX customer care.
    I have driven VX for many years, but I'm afraid the siggy will be up for sale soon, (once I have financed a wheel refurb) and I will be scouring the market for a make of car that has a decent back up service, and really cares about it's customers.
    I will never drive VX again!

Sorry to hear that fella.
    Theres a few gtc Vxr owners on here who have had wheels replaced under warranty?

Comment

Gaz, there are guys who have had their 20" siggy wheels changed too. For the same reason I have been complaining about. I paid £800 odd quid for extended warranty on the car (although original complaint was made when the car was under it's original warranty) looked after it like a baby, and yet VX just don't seem to care. Off to pastures new I'm afraid!

Comment

Seems a bit off.. I'm getting a full respray and 4 wheel refurb on my 20" wheels for my gtc vxr under warranty
        No VXR
        Abarth and a 330e

Comment

why dont you try another vauxhall dealership ?

Comment

From what I have experienced there are some very good dealerships, and some proper awful ones.

If you get some guys at a dealership that know cars, and are passionate about cars, then they tend to be fantastic.

When I went to do a test drive of my siggy, I was telling the salesrep what the car had, and its features, as he had no idea........ how about that for sales staff!!

Can understand your frustration DAVWOLFUK....... lets hope someone else appreciates your money!!
            RUN YOUR FINGERS OVER MY CAR ....... AND I'LL RUN MY CAR OVER YOUR FINGERS!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. VX seem so inconsistent with their handling of issues with their cars. I know they had probems with the clutches on the 1.2 corsa's, but there was never a recall to rectify the problem. I know three corsa owners who had their clutches and flywheel replaced without question as soon as they complained. With the wheels I feel it's a similar issue. They know a certain batch made between 2009/10 were of inferior quality, and yet seem to put up such a fight to deny it.
              Yes Mr Gurn, lets hope my money is appreciated elsewhere!
              On another note, does anyone know where I can get the wheels refurbed before I sell it? It needs to be within 20 miles or so north of Newcastle, and be a reputable company.

Comment

unless your going to go for a hyundai , kia or a lexus , I wouldn't expect any better service pal but you really shouldn't of had any problem getting the wheels sorted , its a very common fault on thee 20's fitted to the siggy and the astra J vxr

Comment

I am gutted for you fella and it's a shame it has now given you an allergic reaction to Vauxhall, when will they learn the lesson, good customer service breeds customer loyalty??? Not meaning to rub salt into your wounds but, I have a 61 plate car I got new, when it was only 10 months old with less than 8K on the clock I had all 4 wheels changed under warranty FOC because the lacquer was flaking off. As you say it seems very hit and miss how lucky you are weather your claim is successful or not. I do hope the new car whatever you chose put a smile on your face!

Comment

Thanks Sticky, quality post. Wondering whether an Audi might put that smile back on my face!

Comment

Getting a Audi might put a smile back on,but after service won't,
                      It's not just vx I'm afraid,though saying that my vxr is the cheapest car I bought for over 12 years,but my local vx dealers have been quite good so far with any issues,but they do or did seem to make quite some effort,which I gather is because they'd never had a siggy vxr to deal with!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gurn View Post
                        From what I have experienced there are some very good dealerships, and some proper awful ones.

If you get some guys at a dealership that know cars, and are passionate about cars, then they tend to be fantastic.

When I went to do a test drive of my siggy, I was telling the salesrep what the car had, and its features, as he had no idea........ how about that for sales staff!!

Can understand your frustration DAVWOLFUK....... lets hope someone else appreciates your money!!
                        When I went on my test drive of my vxr gtc the sales man said the Eco button gave it less power and made the car more economical to drive! So **** head here believed him only found out last week from this forum that it just turns the auto start on and off

Felt like a right numpty lol

Comment

I've got the problem with the bubbling as well but assumed it was the previous owner using chemicals to clean them!

Someone on my other forum mention it's a common issue.

I'll be contacting my local VX dealer but from what you've said it doesn't look like my chances are good ... especially since the car's out of the 3 year warranty period.
                          Current owner of '15 BMW 5 Series M Sport

Previous owner of Insignia VXR 2.8T V6 4X4 Saloon

Comment

@DAVWOLFUK, i have just been through all of the paperwork i got with my car. It had 3 x 20" wheels replaced under warranty 8 months ago, i sent the lad i bought it off a text and he said he had no trouble at all having them replaced. I am thinking the problem lies with your dealer.
                            Vauxhall Insignia VXR 2.8T V6 4X4 VXR SuperSport Nav Saloon 2010 4d

Comment

Tatz, I have been to 3 dealerships, who all agreed there was a problem with the wheels. The problem lay with VX warranty, who kept knocking the request for something to be done, back.
                              I would have been happy with a refurb, I wasn't asking for the world! The 6 year anti corrossion warranty doesn't apparently cover the wheels, mmmmm. Wonder why?

Comment

Working...
                              X