This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gear troubles

Hi guys car is giving me some trouble at the moment 1st gear mainly when at manovering speeds in 1st on full lock I get a rumble from the rear end doesn't do it in second (same speed) spoke to aston vauxhall and he said he hasn't had one like it and thinks it ain't the diff? Anyone had this at all?.

Thanks everyone ��

Comment

Hi m8 sorry been away. Sounds like Haldex I have to say. I have previously read back through other posts and there are a few when moving slowly in low gears the car does the vibrating and turns out to be the Haldex.

do a search hopefully you will find the symptoms you are suffering.

does do it in reverse?

I hope you have warranty m8 feel for you if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello bud yeah a lot seems to get blamed on the diff lol I haven't had any jolting/jerking just a weird rumble!! It's going in on the. 25th of July when I'm back off holiday to see the issues lol thanks for your reply mate.

Comment

Mine had the 'crunching' from the rear on full lock but also all I can describe as a slight wheel spin on the front as well. Not only was the Haldex shot but the Prop had gone as well. On a brighter note I was on a Private Road playing with an RS4 at 156mph while it was gone and apart from a lack of power it still drove. Hope the Warranty is in place or it's a massive Bill. If not get it Part Ex'd and away.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee VXR View Post
            Mine had the 'crunching' from the rear on full lock but also all I can describe as a slight wheel spin on the front as well. Not only was the Haldex shot but the Prop had gone as well. On a brighter note I was on a Private Road playing with an RS4 at 156mph while it was gone and apart from a lack of power it still drove. Hope the Warranty is in place or it's a massive Bill. If not get it Part Ex'd and away.

Agree get it away if no warranty

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee VXR View Post

+1 It is very likely to be a diff/heldex problem. Has it had the field remedy and software flash, as this can make a significant difference in some cases

Comment

No hasn't had field remedy yet but going into Astons when I get back off holiday snd the bloke was very helpful saying we will do loads of checks and check the oil and if it's gone clean oil back in then I'm giving it back to the company (works out cheaper) thAn replacing it lol.

Comment

Working...
                X