This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear diff

Insignia went in for it's rear diff oil & filter change, but mechanics found further issues.

One of the bolts has a chunk missing & it's forced the seal out, it's leaking oil!

Photos below.
    Currently awaiting confirmation from warranty.

Yikes... That is a new one I think! Hopefully the diff is salvagable! Otherwise fingers crossed that the warranty company will sort it out for you!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Comment

I am hoping the diff is alright! still awaiting confirmation from them as to whether it's covered or not. bloody well should be!

Comment

Obviously a mechanical failure! A bolt breaking off can never be wear and tear...

Comment

Fingers crossed bud!

Comment

It says a lot about a company when these are supposed to be the best cars they make, and look at all the problems they have.

Comment

Gutted for you, another one bites the dust. If they change your diff see if you can keep the old unit!

You can then keep it and send it off to be upgraded and keep it as a spare for when you add the power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dalle1985 View Post
                Obviously a mechanical failure! A bolt breaking off can never be wear and tear...
                that's exactly what I thought....

Comment

Originally posted by Doorman View Post
                  Fingers crossed bud!
                  too right mate!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPD1975 View Post
                    Gutted for you, another one bites the dust. If they change your diff see if you can keep the old unit!

You can then keep it and send it off to be upgraded and keep it as a spare for when you add the power!

well hopefully it'll all be sorted but I'll see how we get on - I will try keep it, however my mechanic said it just looks like one of the cables that need replacing - apparently only come in pairs too !

Comment

Honestly, I think most manufacturers have this when they try to push the envelope. The V8 S4 had huge issues with chains, it burnt the crank bearings. The E46 M3 broke the conrods and blew the SMG transmissions like they were going out of fashion. The M5 5.0 V8 also burnt the bearings. The Focus ST and RS models burn the liners quicker than you can replace them. The engine out of the cupra I owned previously ate the cam followers and spewed metal filings out into the engine causing total failures.

The big issue isn't really that there are faults with these cars, the real issue is that the manufacturers refuse to do recalls and fix the issues. These cars are halo cars and are supposed to create brand following - if they run from the inevitable issues, they will never create that brand following.
                      I do have to say however that Opel here in Denmark (and according to the German forums the same down there) are much more helpful. They promised that they'd help out with a solution and give me a good price if my dealer didn't come through with the chains... They could do it for around 1000£ even though it doesn't have full dealer service history - if it had had that, they would do it free of charge. Same goes for the Haldex, if the car have followed the service program, they will do courtesey repairs up to 100.000 km apparently. Too bad mine is at 123k then!

Comment

Originally posted by danwheatley View Post
                        well hopefully it'll all be sorted but I'll see how we get on - I will try keep it, however my mechanic said it just looks like one of the cables that need replacing - apparently only come in pairs too !
                        Yeah if you manage to get the diff it can be reconditioned unless it has ground itself to bits. Let me know if you get it as I may buy the failed unit from you as a spare or swap for some bits I have left over like second cat delete.

Whatever happens good luck hope you get it sorted this side of Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPD1975 View Post
                          Yeah if you manage to get the diff it can be reconditioned unless it has ground itself to bits. Let me know if you get it as I may buy the failed unit from you as a spare or swap for some bits I have left over like second cat delete.

Whatever happens good luck hope you get it sorted this side of Christmas.

I'll let you know how I get on. thanks mate!

Comment

Update

The warranty company have been in touch & want to send an engineer out to inspect the vehicle asap. It'll be inspected at my usual garage & I'll be present too.

Comment

Further update

No engineer available anytime soon, so the warranty company had no choice but to authorise the repairs. Parts ordered, can take up to 10 days to arrive

Comment

Working...
                              X