This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insignia rear diff

i hear bad things about the diff should i go get mine serviced its done 43.000 miles , how much is it to get serviced

from Vauxhall the oil (1 litre) & filter are around £100 - I'm not aware that you have to service it unless it needs doing

Comment

Originally posted by wayneh View Post
      i hear bad things about the diff should i go get mine serviced its done 43.000 miles , how much is it to get serviced
      Get it done. You're doing well not to have had problems at 43K. Also note that the diff and haldex are like Siamese twins but it's usually the haldex that fails and takes the diff with it, within a few hundred miles. So the service should be for filter and fluids for diff AND haldex. There may also be a software update to the Body Control Module that reduces pressure in the haldex, and if the Dealer is really on the ball; a replacement to the oil seal between the diff and haldex. It's this oil-seal that is the primary cause of the haldex failing.
      AJG

http://www.croziergreen.com

Comment

Payed 350£ for a haldex service here in denmark. The oil cost 108£ + VAT!!??!!!??! And the filter is about 40£. The rest is labour as it is quite fiddly getting the oil back in. But definitely worthwhile doing. The official interval is something around 40k miles, but my local Opel mechanic who is apparently a bit of a guru recommends 40k km/24 k miles.
        2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Comment

Originally posted by Dalle1985 View Post
          The official interval is something around 40k miles
          Have you actually seen this printed anywhere as in the UK AFAIK there is no service interval?

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

There's no statutory service interval. But then, theres no Santa Claus.
            AJG

http://www.croziergreen.com

Comment

I'll check - haven't seen it on print, but that was shat the guy said Opel recommended officially.
              2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Comment

I was told by Arnold Clark Vauxhall that the service interval was 40000 mls. But Peter Vardy told me it doesn't have one. So I phoned Vauxhall UK to ask and they also told me that it does not have a service interval.

Comment

Working...
                X