This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia VXR straight pipe exhaust sound

Does the insignia VXR's exhaust have a rumble box same as the 9-3 Turbo X ? (Small box just before it branches into the silencers:

I'm trying to get my 9-3 to sound like this (sounds mental this!!!)
    http://youtu.be/w8hVUplix8g

Here's mine at the moment, sounds nice enough but it's missing that little snarl/crackle sound where the VXR lists off at 12 & 16s. It's a straight through decat 3" turbo back system, with straight pipes but just want that little crackle sound.

http://youtu.be/abtMT-tpxkY
    Saab 9³ v6 Aero
    JZW Stage 5 tune, Insignia VXR turbo, 550cc injectors, Evo 90mm IC, 3" system
    Quaife LSD, CG777 paddle clutch, BPS Short Shifter, Eibachs, B8's, Michellin PS4

Lol that's mine ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is pics of the actual exhaust from that car in bits

1) decat down pipe

2) main cat or second cat delete pipe

3) silencer delete (pipe between the second cat and y section.

4) OEM y section and back boxes

Put it all together and that is what was on my Siggy!

Hope this helps.

Comment

Ah!! Sounds awesome.

Thanks for the pics, not sure why mines not crackling when I lift off, the only restriction I've got there is the middle resonator, I might ditch this and try the little rumble box from the turbo X.
        Saab 9³ v6 Aero
        Quaife LSD, CG777 paddle clutch, BPS Short Shifter, Eibachs, B8's, Michellin PS4

Comment

Do you have a cat in the Downpipe?

Comment

No mate both cats gone, 3" DP straight from turbo back, 3" decat midpipe with the the standard cat welded on an interchangeable for MOT day, 3" resonator and no rear silencers just straight pipes.

Sounds nice just missing that little crackle sound you've got and comes with the 9-3 TX. The TX has that rumble box just before it branches off to the silencers, I don't have that on the Aero though.
            Saab 9³ v6 Aero

Comment

Just a thought that video was done on a cold start and the insignia has the over fuelling program to bring the cats up to temp to help with the emissions! So the cracks are probably excess fuel igniting in the pipes. The thing used to spit blue flames on lift off when giving it full beans!

Very different animal now though!

Comment

Mine will give a good pop on upshift when giving it full beans on, and it also cracks and pops when cold on a standard exhaust. But it is very much dependent on the map. It requires that the map is set up for delayed fuel cut off, or even better, antilag! Most tuners can adjust the map to do the fuel overrun.

I had an antilag enabled map on my Cupra, it would spit flames out of the exhaust and gave huge pops when giving it full beans... But it is an absolute b**ch to run with when trying to drive normally and it consumes a lot of fuel!
                2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Comment

will it pass an mot ? mine passed emissions but failed as middle cat was missing which i thought was a silencer ?

Comment

No MOT's over here in jersey!

If you have the precat in the down pipe it should not have failed. Good chance the tester didn't know the car has two cats

Comment

so it should pass with one cat only ? it did pass emissions ?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Having a good garage ur close mates to will get most mot done no problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X