This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarox Brake Rotors

Just wondering if anyone has fitted the Tarox Rotors available for the Insignia yet and if so how do they rate them?

Also if anyone has used the Tarox Strada pads either on the Insignia or any other car they've owned and how'd they rate them as well?

Cheers
    Carbon Flash Navi, 20" wheels, Eibach springs, Courtenay Sport high flow panel filter, Pace FMIC, Courtenay Sport front pipe and 200 cell sports cat, Courtenay Sport remap, AP Racing 9040 6 pot calipers, Reyland 375mm J-hook rotors with Ferodo DS2500 pads front, Ferodo coated discs with EBC Red Stuff pads rear, HEL brake hoses all round, Samco coolant hoses, CG Motorsport 666 clutch kit including solid flywheel.

Tarox Brake Rotors

Hi Regal tried to sell me some they used on their Astra J and insisted they would be fine even though the Siggy is heavier etc. I was not convinced but I am sure they are a step up from the OEM ones.

I ended up fitting AP racing six pots, AP racing Rotors, AP Racing fast Road Pads braided lines and DOT 5.1 and wow does the car stop now!!!!! Over kill for everyday use if I am honest but I tend to go driving mountain passes in the Alps every year so they will be well worth it there!!!!

They look awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JamesPD1975
    VXR enough
    Last edited by JamesPD1975; 29 December 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

How much did that lot set you back James? Do they do rear discs to match the front rotors?
      Carbon Flash Navi, 20" wheels, Eibach springs, Courtenay Sport high flow panel filter, Pace FMIC, Courtenay Sport front pipe and 200 cell sports cat, Courtenay Sport remap, AP Racing 9040 6 pot calipers, Reyland 375mm J-hook rotors with Ferodo DS2500 pads front, Ferodo coated discs with EBC Red Stuff pads rear, HEL brake hoses all round, Samco coolant hoses, CG Motorsport 666 clutch kit including solid flywheel.

Comment

Funny you should ask,

Here are pics of the rears

Standard callipers but upgraded pads and hoses as the rear brakes don't do a lot lol an extra £450 for the rear.

Also follow this link for the price.

http://www.thorney.ms/insignia-vxr-big-brake-kit.html

Hope this helps

Comment

Nice one, looks very tidy. I'll be changing the lot when I do it but probably not to the level you have, I just want better discs, pads, HEL brake lines and 5.1 fluid to give it more bite since getting it remapped.

Comment

There is a 4 pot upgrade available for about 1k less.

The 6 pot is over kill if I am honest but when push 400BHP you can never have too much brakes lol

Comment

Just looks like the discs and fast road pads but anything is better than the standard set-up which mine isn't but they still don't fill me with confidence. The Tarox discs and pads would come in at a similar price but that's including rear discs and braided lines. Which fast road pads did they fit?

I'm not quite up there yet ha, ha but I agree, more is always better.

Decisions, decisions now.

Comment

No sure which pads are fitted will look and come back to you.

The standard 4 pot callipers are not that bad it is the discs and pads that are the main issue.

Comment

Good man, cheers for that.

Agreed, I've suffered a soft feeling pedal for long enough, time for an upgrade of sorts.

Comment

Im running ferodo ds2500 pads

Comment

i had custom made Tarox disc fitted to my laguna with EBS red stuff pads.........they didnt stand up to the job had to do alot of engine braking at the same time tbh.the laguna aint a light car and prob comes close to the insignia weight wise once im sat in it.

if i were u get the 6 pot AP racing from thorny motor sports, if u cant afford it get the 4 pot version.....first things for any car IMO is u want to be able to stop even when u got 320bhp or even 450bhp (cough).

ok here is a scenario for u. u go for a drive around Skelmersdale or Milton Keynes (i know people are giggling already here) these towns have loads of roundabouts and lets say its a spirited drive the Tarox will get brake fade after the 4-5 roundabout and imo yet again you dont want to be having that.

if u think about upgrading ur car then brakes should be first port of call spend as much money as u possible can as at the end of the day they will keep u alive if they work wel

Comment

Here's an extract from an email back in July 2014

Below is the supply and fit price for the tarox brake discs (2 piece fronts), Pagid RS4-2 brake pads in the front and Tarox Corsa/Sport brake pads in the rear along with stainless steel brake lines and brake fluid change. The Pagid RS4-2 we have used for over 3 track days at the Nurburgring, Bedford, Silverstone and Castle Combe without any fade issues and provides plenty of bite but does not squeal.

Front & Rear Brake Upgrade - £2155inc VAT supplied and fitted
                        - Tarox Front 2 Piece Brake Discs
                        - Tarox Rear Brake Discs
                        - Pagid RS4-2 Front Brake Pads
                        - Tarox Corsa Rear Brake Pads
                        - Tarox Brake Lines
                        - Tarox Brake Fluid

The callipers are likely to cost around £160+ vat per side

Based on these prices I would go with the Thorney one.......

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPD1975 View Post
                          Here's an extract from an email back in July 2014

Below is the supply and fit price for the tarox brake discs (2 piece fronts), Pagid RS4-2 brake pads in the front and Tarox Corsa/Sport brake pads in the rear along with stainless steel brake lines and brake fluid change. The Pagid RS4-2 we have used for over 3 track days at the Nurburgring, Bedford, Silverstone and Castle Combe without any fade issues and provides plenty of bite but does not squeal.

Front & Rear Brake Upgrade - £2155inc VAT supplied and fitted
                          - Tarox Front 2 Piece Brake Discs
                          - Tarox Rear Brake Discs
                          - Pagid RS4-2 Front Brake Pads
                          - Tarox Corsa Rear Brake Pads
                          - Tarox Brake Lines
                          - Tarox Brake Fluid

The callipers are likely to cost around £160+ vat per side

Based on these prices I would go with the Thorney one.......

i may have to take back my comments about Tarox being pooop then..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
                            i may have to take back my comments about Tarox being pooop then..lol
                            Nah I don't think they are that good, that is an email from Regal. The AP kit offers more, upgrades callipers instead of OEM better rotors imo

Each to their own but the 4 pot upgrade from TMS is better priced when compared with the 4 pot Tardox, plus while tested under track conditions this was done on an Astra J not on the heavier Siggy so while I am sure for everyday use on the road they might be fine if you are chasing big HP I would always go better brakes and if affordable bigger......

Comment

I have noticed the AP rotor size is 362mm and the Tarox ones are only 355mm. Does anyone know the standard rotor size by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                              X