This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full AUTOCAR Roadtest - Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi 160

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsHistory/Vauxhall-Insignia-2.0-CDTi-160-SE/236060/
    sigpic

The thing they forgot to add however, is that the new mondeo is one of the ugliest most disguisting looking cars out there in this class. Coupled with the fact there is no 'hot' version of the mondeo, and the ST220 is out the window, i can see the Insignia winning rep sales hands down all year long.

Comment

Road tests

I have read various road tests on the insignia such as, The Times, autocar, parkers guide and they all conclude that the modeo is a better car. Personally Im pretty gutted about this, I never thought that vauxhall would be stupid enough to design a brand bew car which was not as good as it's main rival. I have yet to read a review that states the insignia is better than the mondeo.

Comment

What they actually say is 'the steering has a little more precise feel' or 'on the limit the mondeo feels a bit better' its all a little vague....
        They mostly go on to point out that the Insignia looks better, is better value, better interior, wider range of engines, better fuel economy but still manage to conclude that the first two points outweigh all the others
        Bearing in mind it's the opinion of jounalists who come out with clangers like 'the Insignia 2.0T is an old engine, only the diesels are new' I take much of what's said with a pinch of salt.
        You can't buy a Mondeo 4x4 and no mondeo is going to handle like an Insignia with the Haldex system... stick 'XWD' into you tube
        Saying all that don't think the Mondeo was voted by 59 journalists as European Car of the year at any point though...
        Last edited by Insignia VXR; 20 November 2008, 10:16 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andy_manc View Post
          I have read various road tests on the insignia such as, The Times, autocar, parkers guide and they all conclude that the modeo is a better car. Personally Im pretty gutted about this, I never thought that vauxhall would be stupid enough to design a brand bew car which was not as good as it's main rival. I have yet to read a review that states the insignia is better than the mondeo.
          Dont forget the old mondeo was a better drive than the current vectra, but they still sold on equal terms (i would guess).

i just hope theres an insignia flood and i can get a 4 month old one with 6k on the clock for 15,000

Comment

Working...
          X