Water in boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in boot

Hi as per tittle ive recently noticed water in my boot insignia saloon cant for for the love of me find where its coming in from it seems mostly on the drivers side anyone else had this problem or know a solution or even how to find the leak thanks in advance

I had the same issue, and it turned out to be the grommet that holds in the rear light was missing possibly dropped through ?

I had began my investigations by removing most of the boot trim which wasn't a bad thing as it gave me the chance to give it a good clean and disinfect it to prevent any mold appearing ( previous experience with a mk2 astra )

to remove the rear light its 3 plastic wing style nuts that are located by removing the plastic cover just inside the boot behind the light the part number for the grommet is 13320837 and is £1.80 from vxl

uploading a picture on my phone into the next post
    Last edited by Andre; 12 December 2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andre View Post
        I had the same issue, and it turned out to be the grommet that holds in the rear light was missing possibly dropped through ?

I had began my investigations by removing most of the boot trim which wasn't a bad thing as it gave me the chance to give it a good clean and disinfect it to prevent any mold appearing ( previous experience with a mk2 astra )

to remove the rear light its 3 plastic wing style nuts that are located by removing the plastic cover just inside the boot behind the light the part number for the grommet is 13320837 and is £1.80 from vxl

uploading a picture on my phone into the next post
        Thanks for replying ive had the back light off today and it was wet behind the light
        in hind sight
        its recently been in for a service and I did need a bulb replaced in that light so hopefully they hadn't refitted it back correctly and hopefully I have 🤓 time will tell thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by garymicheal View Post

Thanks for replying ive had the back light off today and it was wet behind the light
          in hind sight
          its recently been in for a service and I did need a bulb replaced in that light so hopefully they hadn't refitted it back correctly and hopefully I have 🤓 time will tell thanks again
          Fingers crossed, they might of not aligned it properly back into the fitting if its still leaking then check where i have said one thing i didn't mention was when i fitted the new grommet i sealed it in with some clear silicone from europarts only cost me £4 i have also done the other side too and with all this rain we have had its all nice and dry

Comment

Working...
          X