Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining Noice

Happy new year everyone.

Has anyone had any experience of a whining noise at around 30mph in any gear?

Thought it may be an wheel bearing but concerned it could be the gearbox.

My car is a 65plate 170hp VX-Line 2.0ltr derv Insignia has done around 43000miles.

thank you
    Tom

I've just changed both rear wheel bearings recently and I was getting a low drone from about 40mph up to 70-80mph, gradually getting louder.

Car is a 2010 with 65k miles. Driver side bearing was particularly bad and would barely turn by hand once removed.

Not a conclusive response but any info is better than none in my opinion.
    Carbon Flash Navi, 20" wheels, Eibach springs, Courtenay Sport high flow panel filter, Pace FMIC, Courtenay Sport front pipe and 200 cell sports cat, Courtenay Sport remap, AP Racing 9040 6 pot calipers, Reyland 375mm J-hook rotors with Ferodo DS2500 pads front, Ferodo coated discs with EBC Red Stuff pads rear, HEL brake hoses all round, Samco coolant hoses, CG Motorsport 666 clutch kit including single mass flywheel.

Comment

After a visit to Quikfit to repair a puncture they have said my tracking is out and will need 4 new tires. Do you think a wheel bearing affect the tracking? Thank you

Comment

id get a 2nd opinion on that diagnosis pal , kwikfit are robbing barstewards !!! you would be better off asking on a forum that has members with the derv siggy pal but id say either your diff or g.box maybe failing , its not uncommon on VX cars especially derv ones

Comment

Working...
        X