This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My VXR Review

Well had the car now for two weeks near enough now, takes some getting used to at first with the higher seating postion. Taken me a while to get over the mistake made by the dealer. For those that don't know i ordered the Meriva with AFL but the dealer forgot to order with AFL. I rejected the car originally but after some haggle and choice words we agreed on a deal. Trouble is now every time i look at the front of the car it reminds me of there incompetance and the standard headlights do look poor in comparison to the AFL's. Now to the car it drives lovely, smooth power delivery quick out of the blocks, little bit twitchy in first and second although i have adjusted to this now. All the reviews regarding this car are spot on, it doesn't roll or struggle in any department for this typr of car. The recaros are excellent. Only gripes for me is the gearstick is a little low, the volume control on the steering wheel takes an eternity to adjust the volume even a small amount up or down and the mute function on cd30 is barmy as you can turn the unit off easier. This car suits me perfectly with two young girls in the back the seats can be adjusted all ways to suit. boot space is also spot on as long as you are out of the pushchair stage like we are.
    So far well impressed apart from Vauxhall's horrendous dealerships up here in Leeds.
    Pictures on the following link,
    http://www.forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=9388
    Paul.

Sorry to hear about the **** up mate, Which dealership was it???
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive and I'm in the Leeds area.
    Pete

Comment

PJ glad you are enjoying it, it was a real hoot when I borrowed one.
      Now where's the extra poweeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

Comment

I used Nidd Vale in Wetherby just outside Leeds. Couldn't face using Vardy's as they are equally as horrendous. We will have a mini meet when you get your then!! You love it when you get it. What colour have you gone for? Any options??
        Mark,
        I understand what you mean now about a bit more power, bring on the remap!!
        Paul.

Comment

I was afraid you might say wetherby, thats where mine is coming from.

Comment

I think one of the lads there mentioned it to me. Do you work in the motor industry? The sales guy said someone who calls in has ordered one. I have used them for years but i have got to say there knowledge and service was poor. This is the first and probably last time i would order a new motor from them. Every time i go there i end up getting compensated for there mistakes.
            But as you know where basically limited to Vardy's in Leeds and i wouldn't even set foot in there. Which reminds me, an ex employee of Vardy's on the service desk is now service manager at Nidd Vale wetherby, i nearly dropped through the floor when i copped for him!
            Keep us informed, i'm just after someone to fit my roof mounted DVD player now any contacts?
            Paul.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out, looks good in red too! If it makes you feel any better those headlights look better than mine. Is that black outline std in vauxhall merivas (mine is opel) or is it just in red cars? My headlights are much brighter and tbh looks a bit weird, ah well I guess I'll have to mod the lights at some point
              btw, I too had some probs with 1st and 2nd gear, but got used to it now, the trick is correct timing - plus I think breaking it in has helped the gearchange as well.. the exhaust sounds great with new 99+oct shell v-power fuel and the car goes very well indeed.

Comment

Yes that will be me, I'm at the garage every week so I see what goes on, I was there the day your car was pdi'd, it was the reg no I noticed, I remember making a comment to the technician about how good it looked with that plate.
                Pete

Comment

Static,
                  I have fitted the Vauxhall carbon headlight protectors, I presume Opel do one also. Just takes the edge off the standard light. If not i can give you the Vauxhall part number for your dealer to order. They retail at about £35 a pair.
                  Redvxr, I was quite lucky with the number plate as it was available in the bank of reggies at dvla. Suits the car nicely.
                  Paul.

Comment

nice mate
                    i found the meriva a fun car to drive

Comment

I've got to take my driving test in it in a couple of weeks. Should open the examiners eyes especially on the national speed limit lanes! Got the roof mounted dvd to fit next week, will post some better pics once done.
                      Paul.

Comment

Where you get it???

Comment

What?

Comment

PJ ignore this, we are getting users joining, typing a reply to something, but their main point is to advertise or promote something. One user just post the word "Sick" hoping I would glance over it, I deleted the post and the user. We are getting enough genuine users joining and can do without the rogue ones.

If you notice anything like this drop me a PM.

Comment

Ok Mark, will do cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X